Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
km09

Loss of brother

km09   

Hi,

I'm new to this forum but recently have been struggling with the grief of losing my younger brother and trying anything that might help.

My brother was 18 when he died and it was very sudden and he died in a coma after an accident. It was a case of blinking and he was gone.

I was very close with my brother and miss him every day. This happened just over 7 months ago and it is still a huge shock to my family. 

i feel very alone with my grief and try and put on a happy face in front of friends and my partner. I feel that I can't go to family as they are all grieving and my parents are so filled with grief there is no room for me. My partner and friends can't relate and the rest of the would goes on as normal. 

There have been times I've been happy since then however at the end of the day I'll come home and there is always the reminder that life is not the same and it feels like life will always feel like genuine happiness has past. 

I feel I keep my emotions to myself and even deny that this has happened at times and have woken up throughout the night feeling like it's a dream.

I might hoping this forum can help even in a small way. 

Maisey80   

I know how you feel. My brother passed away suddenly 8 months ago. It's become more realistic for me as my brother was 33 and I was 36 when he passed, so we didn't see each other often. 

I understand how it feels to have a partner who definitely is always there for me but of course can't fully comprehend. Friends are the same. I wish I could say it gets better, but it hasn't for my yet. 

I am so deeply sorry for you both. I lost my oldest sister in September to cancer, but it killed her very quickly. My family is struggling with losing her, as she was a shining light to the whole world! I love and miss her so much - that is why I found this site. I know I need help. Thank you for listening! May God bless you all!

km09- Coming on to this forum as a way to express your grief can help with the process. Allow yourself to grieve. It can mean something different for each person. Take one day at a time, talk to your family about your grief and their grief.  I find it helpful to talk to God in prayer about my grief asking for His help and comfort. He gives me peace that can comfort my thoughts and emotions.

km09   

Thank you to everyone for your kind words. I feel that expressing my grief in such a way may help as I am a very private person and would not usually express this to those around me. I feel like sibling loss is not talked about very often and I find people often ask how my mum and dad are doing with the loss but they do not realise my loss is different but also very similar.

Km09 I am so sorry for your loss! I lost my oldest sister. I also pray and ask God for help.  You are right; it is difficult for others to understand this kind of loss until they experience it themselves.  I also came to this forum for shared understanding.  I just prayed for everyone on here.