Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss Of Mum/Introduction

LeePee86

• Members

Hello All,

I have just signed up to this forum as I want to try and help people if I can just by chatting to people (god knows it helped me!) as I know it helps to chat to someone who can relate to what that person is going through.

I lost my mum when I was 10 from cancer and it's fair to say it messed my schooling up and being at that age, I didn't really understand what was happening and it started to hit me as I got older the fact that I wasn't going to have that "Mum" influence as I was growing up in my teens. I'm now in my 30's and my step mum has a heart of gold but she still will never replace my mum, I don't think anyone's mum can ever be replaced.

I will always miss her and would give up everything I have even just to spend a day with her.

• Members

Dear LeePee86,

Thank you for joining this forum and offering your support to others. I wish none of us were in this terrible situation of losing a parent. I'm still struggling with the shock. I thought I understood life. But the finality has knocked me for a loop. Me, too. Just one more day with my dad would be a blessing. I didn't know how fast the time would go.

Thank you for sharing your mom with us.

Archived