Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Daily High Anxiety

#1 Brat

• Members

When does the anxiety in my chest and arms slow down? Something has to give! 

• Members

Dear Friend,

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your mother.  Please see a doctor. The stress of losing a parent can manifest itself in physical pain in the chest and arms. I'm not sure if you want to try yoga or meditation or take some calming breaths. But its best to see a doctor or nurse and explore all your options. The shock and trauma of losing a parent is great. I felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest for months. I know its hard. I hope you can get the help you need.

• Members

I have been going to a counselor and taking medication. I've recently had back surgery so it's like I'm finally now clear headed to deal with so much. We were moving to be closer to her and 3 days short of us movingshe passed away. Life would be so different if she was here. 

Bothers me so much my daughter will never remember her. I have to remember my daughter needs me as much as I want my mama. Doesn't matter how old you are when you don't feel good you want your mama. 

• Members

I hear you, my friend. I have that regret too. My father will not see his granddaughter grow up. She was only two months old when he passed away.

You are so right. No matter who old we are, we still need our mom and dad. I could be 70 years old when my parents pass and it would still be a great shock. Life was hard caring for my dad, but grief is a million times harder. I don't think any of us are ready for this phase of life. We just take for granted our parents will be present.

I'm very sorry for your pain.

• Members

I'm sorry for your loss too. This is definitely a phase my husband and I were not prepared for. Some people tell me that's just death and I may have a harder time grieving bc of how close we were. Well that's not helping. 

Im very glad I looked up support groups bc of how alone we might feel there's many of us out there hurting. Thanking you so much that yout took the time to respond to my post. To respond to another broken heart. 

• Members

Please know you are not alone in your thoughts and feelings. I think the shock of grief takes a very long time to process and understand. I think its very insensitive and dismissive for some to say its just "death."  No one truly knows how it feels till it happens to them. I didn't. The reality has been the worst experience of my life.

Yes, we were close to our parents. Yes, grief is the price we pay for love. But nothing anyone can say sometimes will help us. If anything, it just make me mad sometimes. I try to read and do things that I think might help me understand my loss. But I don't know where the meaning is sometimes.

I am truly for your broken heart and all the others on this forum. I wish none of us had to be here. Thinking of you.

• Members
endorphin18

very sorry for your loss and good to hear you're taking care of yourself.... My Dad passed away 4 years ago, and just this summer I was hit by a wave of grief/depression/anxiety I was not expecting at all.  It threw me into a deep funk out of which I'm just now crawling.  My anxiety made me toss and turn in bed like crazy, made me dizzy, brought on some paranoid feelings.   The grieving process is different for everyone: there is no normal.  What probably is normal and human is to want the bad feelings to pass as quickly as possible so you can return to enjoying life again, whatever that means to you.  Peace...

• Members

Dear endrophin18,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm sorry to hear what you are going through. I think you are so right, there is no normal.  Its been 10 months and I still can't accept my new normal.

Take care of yourself. Thinking of you.

Archived