Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of a Toddler

red_9213

• Members

I see a lot of parents who have lost their adult children. Is there anyone who has lost a child in their youth? 

• Members

Dear red,

I'm sorry for your loss. I am hoping others will come forward to share their experiences. Please know you are not alone. And we'll be here to listen and support you in anyway we can.

• Members
My girl is in heaven

Red9213.  Even though the site is call loss of an adult child it is for any age of child loss.  Please post on that site as that is where all the parents are and there are a lot of people who will help you.  We have lost children of all ages and circumstances and will wrap our arms around.  You are not alone.

• Members

I lost my 7 month old baby on May 29... I'm in so much pain, I don't know what to do. 

• Members
Tommy's mum

All parents/grandparents, whomever needs us  are welcome on the loss of an adult child thread ,regardless of the age of your child we have all lost a future ,hopes and dreams ,and have a hole in our family. We have parents who have lost children of all ages so please join us there and we will try and help you through this acutely painful  and lonely journey. Even if you dont feel able to post just yet read some posts and you may find some answers and guidance ok?

• Members

Red_9213 - I lost my 2 1/2 year old son in 1992 to an accident in the home. He was climbing on a dresser when he was supposed to be taking a nap and it fell over on top of him. It was the most horrible experience of my life!

You are in a good place here. All of us have experienced child loss, and we have a good idea of what you are going through. You are welcome here.

• Members
Tommy's mum

mikep what a truly awful accident I am sorry you lost your son, and am inspired that you are able to offer support to other parents who have been through the loss of a child.

• Members

Thank you, Tommy's mum. It was the most horrible experience I've ever been through! It took me a very long time to get strong enough to carry the grief rather than it carry me. As other posts on this site will attest, you never get over it. You get strong enough to carry it. One thing I've discovered along the way, is that I could heal as long as I did the work to make me heal. I also found that it was a very gradual process.

Archived