Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

i cant do it anymore i miss my dad

jordan-

• Members

I lost my dad due to car crash when i was 9, im trying my hardest to be strong and carry on with my life.... 

i cant do it no more... i give up... i just want him back:sad:

ive so much school work ive been delaying for a few weeks because i just cant focus and not motivated at all. 

All i do is sit in my bedroom on my phone and thinking about my dad. Ive lost so much interest in everything. My school works due next week and i cant bring myself to do it, i keep getting disracted, put on sad somg and cry my eyes out. 

Just me and mum at home and we keep arguing every time we do i go to say something cheeky and have to stop myself then burst out crying

i dont no whats wrong with me.... i cry at everything.... i give up so much 

• Members

Hugs Jordan .... you say "I don't know whats wrong with me."  I think the answer is that you miss your dad very much.  And there is nothing wrong with that!  You were so young and that makes it even more difficult.  I don't know if this will help but it helped me get through losing my mom & dad.  I would try to think about what they would want for me and every time I wondered about that I kept coming back to the same thing.  They would want me to be the best person that I could be, and to one day be happy again.  I think all parents would want that for their children.   Your dad would most likely want you to be a good son, good student and one day a good employee, and so much more.  

In trying to be a good person (like my parents were) it is a way of honouring them as well.  It makes me feel good inside to be kind to others like they always were.  I hope this helps.

Oh yes, there is nothing wrong with crying your eyes out.  I find that tears are very healing.

take care

Cindy Jane 

• Members

Im a girl.... i just want my dad back.... its killing me seeing ithers with their dads and knowing mines dead..... i want to grow up get married and have children     now im thinking whats point going to hurt me even more if i get married not having him walk me down the ailse , not having first dance ...... not seeing his grand children ....   it hurts sooo much 

• Members

Dear Jordan,

I'm very sorry for the pain and sorrow you are feeling. Its only natural and normal to have these feelings Losing a dad or mum is the hardest thing in the world. Of course you miss your dad and want so badly for him to see you through all phases of life. At these moments, I know there are no comforting words. Please know you are not alone. We are all here to listen and support you. Take it moment by moment and do the best you can.

• Members

You've gone through a tremendous loss and haven't been able to really process that until the last few years.  I'm not a psychiatrist or anything even remotely close, but I'd think having all those emotions that you weren't able to deal with before or even entirely understand come up now would feel about how you're feeling now.  It's a lot.  And it's an awful lot to absorb suddenly this many years later.  But it is something you'll get through.  There's nothing impossible about your healing process.  It's just going to be an emotional ride.  Grief is love, grief is missing someone we love, and with that comes a lot of emotions that have to come out.  

It feels awful now, but although there's not a quick fix through this, you're still going to come out wiser and stronger and go on to get married and have kids.  I know when we feel our absolute worst and are stuck in a deep depression that it feels like nothing will ever get better.  But it always does.  

Can you get an extension on your schoolwork?  Whether you can or can't, just do your best.  Your life isn't going to be determined by what your grade is this year.  There's so many options for education that one year doesn't have to break you.  What's more important is how you are doing, and that's what needs the most focus right now.

• Members

I hate the teacher so dont wsnt to ask been avoiding all the classes with her because she doesnt help me at all. Want to get back in to school next year but shes emailed me another 2 assessments that need to be done for next week 6 altogetter and havent started 1 of them ..... i wirte a few words get distracted or cry and think of ither things.. if i dont pass these assessments i cant get back in next year. 

Tbh i dont care about myself and how im feeling more worried about ithers round me, been chatting to a lad that lost his young gf in the bombing in manchester , trying to help and support him as much as i can cause dont live near him , cant imagine how heart broken he is and just want to make sure he doesnt keep it all in like me and acc tells people how hes feeling and gets the support or help he needs 

• Members

Maybe you could hire someone to do them for you and then rewrite them in your own words.  Either a student or someone online on elance or something.  There's also nothing wrong about asking a favor from someone you don't care for but who is in a position to help.  That's just an unfortunate part of life, having to deal directly with people you don't like.  Just saying, if the assessments are an obstacle, there's ways to overcome it. 

Losing someone in the Manchester bombing would be a traumatic loss.  Maybe in helping him through his loss you'll be able to process some of your own.  I mean, it seems like the words we offer others are kind of a reflection of our own.  Sometimes repeating them to others helps them sink in.

• Members

I think that you need to structure up the school work and adress it head on - then you will feel much better, also about loosing your dad.

When it becomes too much for me, I stick to a priority list to have some form of structure of my day.

Did you know that 20% of everything in your schoolwork will stand for 80% of the results?

Meaning, there must be one assignment that is more difficult and more important than the other ones.

Focus on that one for now and skip the rest! I'm sure that if you show that to you teacher you will gain some goodwill and momentum forward.

I am truly sorry for your loss and I know there are no words that can take the pain away. But if I can motivare you to complete one school task, I'm convinced it will create some good energy in you and you will feel much much better.

And also, I have from time to time been eating antidepressants that help instantly when you are at the bottom. If you truly feel overwelmed and depressed - seek out a doctor who can help you. Antidepressants are in my humble opinion one of the most amazing things we created on this earth. It saves lives.

Hope this helped a little. Much love to you, and I have no doubt you will do wonderful things in your life.

Hugs.

Archived