lonely1

In need of support, lost the Best part of my life

28 posts in this topic

lonely1,

Try to stay in today and not think about "the rest of your life", that will bring you down fast!  Try to work on developing friendships, it takes time and effort but we all need that support so it's good to work on it so you're not isolated.  Getting involved with small groups helps you know others and work on developing relationships that you will need in the future. 

Francine's response is good advice.  

13 hours ago, Francine said:

there is something good in everyday.

It's important to look for that good so you don't miss it when it comes.  Practicing living in the present and fully appreciating what IS helps us not merely lament what ISN'T.  It's easy to see what we're missing but it takes effort to notice and focus on what good there is in our lives.

My faith was shaken to the core that first year but it's returned, I think that's common.  I think our whole brain is shaken to the core!

KayC

Thank you for that.  When we take the time and really focus on our lives, I think we will find something that is good.  I firmly believe in the saying that you can't see the forest for the trees; so I'm learning to take a step back and look at the bigger picture, and hope I have enough sense to take advantage of it.

I agree that I need some friends.  Its extremely difficult to find someone though.  Everyone else has family, husband, kids, grands. They don't have the time nor the inclination to develop a new friendship.  Thats what makes this so hard.  Since I live out in the country in a very small town, its even more difficult.  I'm working on trying to figure out how to meet some people who might be in the same situation. 

Francine, I think my forest is too thick right now for me to see much of anything.