Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

very depressed today

joee

• Members

hello all , this is my first time on this site and first time ever sharing , the past year has been really hard with thinking about my brothers death 20 years ago that I witness , my cousin passing , my aunt passing and now my mother passing last Oct , and I never really had a chance to grieve for anyone and with mothers day im really feeling my emotions today and I feel like im on the edge , I do have a counselor I see once a week and she is great but for some reason I cant really say whats on my mind , I was always taught boys don't so everytime I feel a cry coming I put that wall up , I just don't know what to do

• Members

Dear joee, sorry for your losses. Grief is so hard to deal with. I see a  psychologist for 3 years now and I too find it hard to say what I'm feeling and I'm female. Find a quiet place by yourself and let the tears and emotions all out. It's been 2years this July since my mum died and atm I'm a mess as I go through treatment for breast cancer, all I do is cry and cry and miss her so much. Let it all out, come here and talk, vent, cry with us.

Thinking of you

Lisa x

• Members

thank you so much Lisa I'm sorry for your loss and what you are going thru , my mom and dad both passed from cancer , but your words mean a lot , and the thing I question the most is during this time of going thru a divorce and the feelings that I'm having what is there to live for

• Members

Dear Joee,

My deepest condolences and sympathies on the passing of your mom. I'm so sorry for your loss and all your pain and sorrow. I, too, am a very private person. I rather get angry than allow myself to cry. But my dad passed away in October as well and in private and when I am alone, I allow myself to cry. It doesn't take much a song, a few words, just thinking of my dad and the tears flow. If you are not ready, try writing down your feelings in a journal, or express yourself through some other art form, or going to the gym and taking it out on the punching bag.

I know the emotions are raw. And when you are ready just let them out. You have been through a lot. Its really tough with losing so many cherished people and now the divorce. Although we all struggle, don't give up on yourself or your life. Find something to live for. I want to give up too, but I keep coming here and I keep taking it day by day. I hope with each baby step I can go forward and find joy again.

Sending you all my thoughts and prayers.

• Members

Joeey, I hear you. At times it all feels so unbearable like you literally can't get through another second. I had times throughout my mum's illness where I was thinking about suicide a lot and told my psychologist I want to die. I felt so utterly alone because I was,no partner,kids, or other family except my brother who is schizophrenic. It's still very lonely and the numbness you feel is unbelievable. Somehow we get through each day even if it's one second at a time. It's hard not to want to give up but please know you're not alone. It will get better but it's not easy. Whenever you feel you can't take anymore come here and talk to all these amazing people who have been through it. If you post on the daily thread at the top of page you will get more replies.

Hugs to you

Lisa

Archived