Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Grieving and Emotional Numbness

Noitartst

• Members

Howdy--I am trying to overcome grief, and emotional numbness, and hopefully this is the right subforum for this.  Numbness is a mask for anger, and thus I've picked this one.  I felt some body heat today, and I am trying to find it.  ANy thoughts/  I couldn't find a bigger subforum, than this.  

• Members

I'm so sorry for your pain and sorrow. Please tell us the reason for your grief and emotional numbness. I see you have written betrayal, but maybe you could tell us more. There are many forums here based on loss of parent, child, partner or job loss. Depending on your loss, posting in those forums might generate more support and answers. I also find these websites helpful in coping with grief: What's Your Grief and The Grief Healing Blog. Take care. I hope you are able to find the support you are looking for.

• Members

My apologies, for not replying, sooner.  You can read up , sir, more about me, on my mental health, blog.  Also, you can read up on a converstation of mine on a Facebook Group.

Basically, I'm seeking completion per the Grief Recovery Handbook, whilst being terribly numb emotionally, but still feeling painful.  I also feel torn between reconciling, and moving on; I make scenes at family get-togethers, because I do not want to be invited, but go, because...well, I think you get it.

Hopefully, this explains things, better.  Does it? I'm suffering from Attachment Trauma, and Emotional Numbness, trying thus to escape.  Ideas?

• Members
Stella Angelika
Dear all, 

I don't know if this will be of any help to anyone but I wrote this song after I had suffered a loss. It was very sudden and I just was completely numb myself and didn't know what to do as many of you have described on here. I am a musician and it was the only thing I could do to feel any relief and it really worked for me. I wept and wept an although it was so very painful, the release was helpful and at least I was able to actually feel something. I had never intended to release the song but one day I decided, if it can help me this much perhaps it might be of some help to others. I wanted to share it with you all and I hope with all my heart that it is of some tiny little help amongst what will always be a very dark and sad time. The link is below:

All my love and support

Stella x

Archived