Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Goodbye mom

Nat

• Members

I lost my mother on May 7th. She succumbed to various cancers which were diagnosed starting in Feb 2016. I mostly was tough throughout, cared for her some, and the last months mostly came over to relieve her husband as he cared for her. She was never left alone and I'm grateful for that. I responded very emotionally when I visited her in palliative (she was only there 2 weeks) and the day she dead, big tears of relief and release. But since yesterday I've just been bowled over, sobbing on and off, flooded with memories and feeling the trauma and sadness of watching her go from a vibrant and healthy woman to basically losing all her capacities in a year. Additionally, my father is being treated for lung cancer, but he is tough as nails and his will is strong. I guess I'm just experiencing shock. From her diagnosis, life just went downhill for me, I coped in unhealthy ways at times, used up all my financial resources, and got myself severely in debt. So I am mega stressed. Thank goodness I have a supportive partner.

• Members

Dear Nat,

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your mom. I know its a very hard time right now. Please don't be afraid to reach out for help. We are all so different but after losing my dad, I have tried almost everything I can to help me cope. Talking to a counsellor, joining a grief support group, journaling, taking classes, reading different websites for more insight into loss like What's Your Grief and The Grief Healing Blog.

I'm so sorry for your pain and sorrow. Thinking of you. Sending you all my thoughts and prayers.

Archived