Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My Fili died today and I am devastated

FILI

• Members

Yesterday I left my house in the morning to go abroad for work and kissed Fili goodbye. He was scheduled to go to the vet for a haircut and bath.This morning I recieve a call from the helper that the Vet called saying he found my cat dead. I cant explain the pain I feel but had to let it out somewhere. i left work as I can not control my crying and it kills me I am not even home .

I got Fili when he was a newborn about 7 years ago. I had decided to move alone and he was the perfect companion. Fili slept with me everynight, next to me because he liked to feel my warmth. Some body part had to make contact so he could feel happy. He would go as far as going under the covers to find that piece of skin. We loved each other so much. i always told everyone no one loves me like him. Fili would always wait for me by the door, cry if he could hear me but the door was closed , accompany me to the bathroom ALWAYS no matter if I was showering or doing something else. After three years with Fili I got married and although he wasnt a fan of sharing me or our bed he adapted and even learned to love my ex husband. Things didnt to well for me on many fronts , work, health, family, marriage but the one constant in my life was him. Some mornings I would even tell him i am just getting up to go to work to feed you, of course joking around. My friends all knew he was the King of my apartment and of my heart. I will miss him every single day and I am dreading going back home tomorrow and not seeing him there waiting for me by the elevator. I am planning on having a mini funeral for him and burrying him on saturday. I just dont understand, he was doing fine and died all of a sudden. It just hurts so much. I still cant believe it 

IMG_4152.JPG

• Members

The vet says he found a hairball with food in his trachae and that he choked to death, I am having a hard time believing this based on what i have read online. 

• Members

So sorry for your sudden loss. I am currently struggling as well with my beloved companion's passing. It's been 2 days but it feels so much longer. It feels unreal in moments but then feels so painfully real in other moments. It comes in waves for me right now. It is really hard to find people who can understand that deep and loving bond with certain pets that come into our lives. Especially for those of us who have been through so much turmoil in life and that pet has been the most consistent loving thing we have had. They give us true unconditional love. I understand things can happen but I can see how his death would be questionable. I hope you can heal in time and that you can find a way to celebrate his life. 

• Moderators

I'm so sorry, I haven't heard of that happening but it's very possible.  My cat gets furballs, she also has long fur.  I know you're going to miss him, my heart goes out to you in your loss.

• Members
14 hours ago, KMR said:

So sorry for your sudden loss. I am currently struggling as well with my beloved companion's passing. It's been 2 days but it feels so much longer. It feels unreal in moments but then feels so painfully real in other moments. It comes in waves for me right now. It is really hard to find people who can understand that deep and loving bond with certain pets that come into our lives. Especially for those of us who have been through so much turmoil in life and that pet has been the most consistent loving thing we have had. They give us true unconditional love. I understand things can happen but I can see how his death would be questionable. I hope you can heal in time and that you can find a way to celebrate his life. 

Thank you KMR!! It has been coming in waves for me today since I came back to work. Still cant believe this id happening and that i will return to an empty home tonight. I hope that we can get over our grief soon and trigger that energy to replicate the love We felt for our pets to other people or animals in our lives. 

Archived