Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Moms dead and guilt

mondaytuesday

• Members
mondaytuesday

Hello all,

My Mom died and it is my fault. I totally neglected her, our relationship was rocky. She asked me many times to visit her after my dad died, but I didnt. I knew she was lonley, but I thought she will find her own company. I didnt even call for Easter, and that killed her, she had some hearth problems for years. I want her back! I want to talk to her, but it is too late. She must been thinking that I didn't care about her. I am the worst person.

• Members
Butterfly2017

I am so sorry for your loss and the hurt you feel right now. Is there someone near you who you can talk to so you are not alone in this? There are no easy words to ease your pain but I am thinking of you.

• Members
Butterfly2017

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. You didn't cause her death as she had health issues. Maybe worth reaching out to a councellor as guilt can consume you and I doubt your Mom would have wanted that.

• Members

Dear Mondaytuesday,

My deepest condolences and sympathies on the passing of your mom. I'm so sorry for your loss. Please do not be ashamed for  how you feel. Its only natural and normal to have these thoughts and feelings.

How could have known what was to happen? We all struggle with our relationships. We do the best we can.

If you want to consider talking to your mom out loud right now. Write her a letter. There are still ways to honor her memory.

Sending you all my thoughts and prayers.

• Members
mondaytuesday

Thank you Butterfly and Reader,

I read now about stages of grieving,so you are right, it is all natural. but I cannot stop thinking, that if I have called for Easter she would still be alive. And yes, I would like to talk to her, and get some answers. I have to see how to do that..

But thank you for responding onmy post..

• Members

I know its very tough right now. If you can, try to reach out to your younger sibling. Let him or her know you are there to listen and support them. I know its hard as siblings. I don't know if I really did that myself. We all had our own pain and sorrow to deal with.  I hope as siblings we can try to pull together if possible. For me, my one sibling took control and organized the  funeral. I was a mess. I had some input but she took control of it. We did some things together like picking the flowers. I wanted my dad to have the right flowers. It mattered to me.

Take care my friend.

Archived