RC94

All over the place

3 posts in this topic

Hi

Ive just joined the forum this evening.

Im 22 years old and you may find me extremely lucky to be of this age and only just at the beginning of March did I experience my first ever death of someone so close and precious to me. I lost my grandmother. She had lived with us for over 10 years. 

I feel so lost inside. I can't talk to my mum because she herself is too upset and I don't want to make her anymore upset. I've tried talking to my sister, but she is having issues in her life too. She has recently gone through a divorce and has 2 children to think about. I end up crying at work at the most stupid of things or at the most stupid times. I just can't help it. I miss my Nan so much I'm totally heartbroken. Sometimes I cry myself to sleep. And you know what else, every night at around 8pm I cry for around 20 minutes, on my own away from everybody.  I hear my nans voice and I can smell her too. 

No one knows how I feel. I can't even tell my best friend. She is on the other side of the world doing her dream job in America.

I just feel so lost and alone.

Dear RC94,

I'm very sorry to hear about your Nan. Its only natural and normal to cry and feel as you do. Grief is horrible and a terrible shock to the mind and body.

During these difficult times, don't be afraid to reach out. Continue to surround yourself with loving friends and family. Consider grief counselling or joining a support group.

Please know you are not alone. We are all here to listen and support you.

Thinking of you. Sending you love and hugs.

I am so sorry to hear about your Nan.  I lost my Gram back in January.  I was very close to her, much like you were to your Nan.  I encourage you to talk with your family about your grief.  They may be going through some other life things but sharing memories may help you all.  Reach out to someone, you are not alone.