Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my best friend..now what

Tyson2710

• Members
Tyson2710

Well..it's 2 days since he's been gone. He was a 10 year old Boston Terrier name Tyson and he honestly was the best thing to ever happen to me. Some people have that one person that they can go to in life is tough but I went to Tyson. He brought me so much joy these past ten years and now that he's gone it's like my life has stopped. I never knew just how hard this could be but I am completely devastated all I can do is cry. It started with a pinched nerve and he had a few other medical conditions but I never expected that when he passed away in the middle of the night but I would have to be the one to find him. I did not seem that it was his time to go he was crying so bad before it happened I fell asleep because he finally seemed to settle down just a little bit and when I woke up he had already passed he was making such bad crying noises I can't get out of my head. Now my baby is gone and I'm trying to figure out how to get through this. I keep thinking of the Rainbow Bridge and it does give me hope but Another Part Of Me can't help but be negative and just be sad and upset and think things like that don't exist. I know that there must be a heaven for dogs because he was an angel here on Earth I guess right now I'm just in a stage of shut and negativity. I miss my little baby so much can't eat can't sleep just keep waiting for him to walk in the room period..someone promise me this will be easier one day..bc right now im dying inside

• Moderators

I am so sorry...sorry he had pain, sorry you lost him.  Our dog companions are some of the closest relationships we can have, and of course it's devastating when they die.  This, like everything, we eventually adjust to and learn to live with but in the meanwhile, it's just dang hard, and we continue to miss them with a pang in our heart.  The secondary losses, what it means to our routine, they are hard too, we are used to a routine with them, certain things we did together, and when that time of day comes and they aren't there to share in it, it hits us all over again, we're missing our best bud.

I truly believe with all my heart that we'll be joined back up in heaven, it wouldn't be heaven without dogs!  Elsewhere in the loss of pet section we had a discussion about this and there were some books suggested.

• Members
tommysmama

I lost my cat on Saturday, and he was my best friend. I feel your pain and I'm truly sorry. I also can't stop crying and keep thinking all these thoughts of what I could've done. I keep watching videos now of animals in the after-life to give me a little bit of hope that I will see my fur baby again.

You are not alone and although we've never met, you can reach out to me at any time. We are all in this together. Wishing you peace and warmth in your heart.

Archived