Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of family dog

Denisey

• Members

Thursday night I had to take my siblings and me to the vet to put down our loving dog of 13 years. His name was Dino. He was my first dog that I remember from puppy to old man. I miss him so much and I feel like I am the only one who is missing him this much. My siblings are ok now and when I talk about him to others they get bored after like 1 minute. I miss him. He was such a loving, smart, funny dog. I would talk to him all the time and I feel like he understood me. He had been getting sick for a while and I knew it was a matter of time. On Thursday he was the worst I had seen him. He was eating but not getting up and could barely keep his head up so we took him to the emergency vet. He looked like he was in pain and was panting a lot. She told us that it was either cancer or some form of heart failure and the best thing to do would be to put him to sleep. I feel so bad. I miss him and I wish I could have snuggled with him once more. I just hope that Dino is is heaven and that I get to see him again. He was a handsome dog. Here is a picture of him from last summer when he was playing in the mud. 

Screen Shot 2017-05-06 at 10.56.09 AM.png

• Moderators

Dino is beautiful and it's easy to see why you love him!  Your siblings may not have the same level of attachment to him that you do.  I'm a "dog person", but not everyone is.  I'm sorry he was suffering.  Dogs are so amazing about being stoic, he probably didn't show it until he couldn't help it any longer.

My heart goes out to you in your loss, I know how very rough it is.  I believe with all my heart we'll be with them again in heaven, if dogs don't make it, what hope do we have?!  They are the best!

• Members
tommysmama

He is beautiful. I feel your pain. I lost my cat on Saturday and I feel like I have no one to talk to. "It's just a cat" they say. He really wasn't, he was my best friend.

I'm truly sorry for your loss.

• Members
Harry Robinson

Your Dog was so cute and I am sorry to hear about your Dino. Two months ago, I had seen a same situation when I was lost my dog. But after some days I found my dog with the help of pet license ID that given the unique identity for your dog. In future you have a dog then I would suggest you that you can create a Pet Drivers License ID for your dog and keeps your pet safe.

• Moderators

That's not applicable in the case of the dog shown here, it was medical not due to him getting lost.  This advice seems odd given the circumstances, but thanks for that.

Archived