Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Anxieties after loosing my Dad

Starlight-sandra

• Members
Starlight-sandra

I lost my dad to a sudden death about four months ago. Since then I've had really bad anxieties that make my chest and body hurt so bad.... I feel the buzz all day. I also have agoraphobia. I feel crushed inside when I think about my dad but I can't seem to cry. How Long will this last? Does it ever go away? How do you deal with it?

• Members

Dear Starlgiht-sandra,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know its very tough. I felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest the first few months after my father passed away. I still have a lot of tension in my body from the stress of his passing. I am trying everything I can to learn to cope with my loss. Some days are better than others. Its taking a long time for my mind and body to adjust. I have tried counselling, joining a support group, reading different grief websites. I am also looking at meditation. Give yourself more time. Grief takes a long time to process. Thinking of you.

• Members
Butterfly2017

Hi, I am only just starting on this sad journey. Just wanted you to know that I understand how you feel and sending you hugs.

• Members
Starlight-sandra

@reader @Butterfly2017 thank you for your kind words... it does help to know that you guys understand... cause sometimes I kinda feel like I'm so alone even though I'm surrounded by love ones

• Members

I know what you mean. (((hugs))) Please know you are not alone. We are all here to listen and support you in anyway we can. Losing a parent is a terrible shock. Thinking of you.

• Members
Butterfly2017

It's the feeling of lonliness I find hard. I have to be strong for my kids, Step-dad and brother so surrounded by people. Why I have reached out to here as I don't want this to consume me. My Mom wouldn't have wanted that even though all I want to do is curl up and scream. Hugs.

• Members
LouisaSara

I felt like this when my dad was diagnosed  with cancer and then also after he passed a away .It got so bad i felt scared to go any where , I couldn't bare it didn't know if I could live life like it . But it did pass it is not a nice feeling .

some things that helped me

Slowing your breathing down counting to ten , telling people how your feeling go for a walk . Anything to take your mind if it . I know this is easier said than done but may help .

so sorry what your are going through it so hard to loss a parent 

• Members
Starlight-sandra

Thanks everyone.... I'm finding it really difficult to cope with the bodily sensations... I try to be strong for my kids but sometimes it's just too hard... @LouisaSara the more I'm aware of my breathing the more I struggle to catch  a breath and it makes me so uncomfortable... I just want to feel normal again and I get so frustrated... its bad enough that we all lost someone we love but why does it have to do this to our bodies making it more difficult to cope

• Members

Dear Starlight...you are not alone, I too started having really bad anxiety soon after my mum passed away in January, not sleeping, not eating, lost 2stone in the process...but it does pass eventually, the last couple of weeks felt more "normal" to me, my appetite is back and I'm sleeping better. Maybe try some herbal medicine or see your doctor for some medication. Give yourself time to grieve. Sending you a hug. 

Archived