Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Only child of two only children - deceased parents

Mia Malone

• Members
Mia Malone

I am an only child of two only children. My grandparents are deceased, my parents are deceased. Mother just died two weeks ago. I have no one who remembers anything about my childhood but me.  I am 46, married, 2 children. Very lonely and lost. Is there anyone out there who is in my situation? How do you deal with this since of isolation?

• Members

Dear Mia,

My deepest condolences and sympathies on the passing of your mom. I'm so sorry for your loss. Its only natural to feel alone after losing such an important person in your life. But please know we are all here to listen and support you.

Continue to surround yourself with loving friends. If you want to, consider talking to a therapist, counsellor or joining a support group. There are so many resources in the community or through church that can help people going through grief.

I also find these websites helpful in making me feel less alone in my pain and sorrow. They are What's Your Grief, The Grief Healing Blog, The Grief Recovery Method, GriefShare.Org, Tiny Buddha and Legacy.com.

Thinking of you. Sending you love and hugs.

• Members

I'm new to this forum and just wanted to reply. My Mom who passed was an only child and my daughter is an only child. I think about what it will be like for her when I'm no longer here. I try to write things down but because of your post I'm going to do a better job of that. My prayers and hugs go out to you and I hope you can find some comfort here.

Archived