Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my dad a year ago today

LouisaSara

• Members
LouisaSara

I lost my dad a year ago today. Finding today so hard keep reliving those last hours and time at the hospital.

• Members

Dear LouisaSara,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I think its only natural at the one year mark to think back on that day. Try your best to also think about the good times you had with your dad. One grief counsellor suggested to think back on the whole person's life. And try to focus on a happy memory. I know its easier said than done. I am struggling too, so I hope I can follow my own words. Thinking of you. Sending you hugs.

• Members
LouisaSara

Losing my dad has made me feel so lost and alone in the world. We were very close , miss him so much.

• Members
Butterfly2017

Thinking of you.. My loss is only recent so not where you are at but do feel for you.

• Members

I feel that too. Lost and alone. Its hard to make sense of a world where our fathers are no longer part of this earth.  I know its cold comfort sometimes, but we are going to make it.  We will always miss our dads. And there will be a hole in our heart, but we are going to find our way again. I have to believe that.  Take care. With love and hugs to everyone.

• Members
LouisaSara

Thank you both for your kind words . It helps to share and to know your not the only one feeling this way.

sending you both hugs and thank you for your support it means a lot.

• Members
Butterfly2017

It is a hard journey, in fact that doesn't even describe it enough. But you are not alone whilst walking it.

Archived