Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Missing Nala!!!

Furbaby Angels

• Members
Furbaby Angels

So my precious Nala was a few short months shy of 13. I always think that my pets will beat the average age...guess it's wishful thinking on my part. Took her to the hometown vet about 3 weeks ago because she was hoarse. Doc said to start her out on an antihistamine because if she didn't get better he'd sedate her and see if she had polyps. She didn't get better and I started noticing she would lay in a box in my closet a good bit of the time. I still didn't think she was near death: life happened...my Dad had a pacemaker installed and my husband was hospitalized  and had surgery as soon as my Dad was released. We were out of town for a week and I couldn't get Nala in until tomorrow to see the hometown vet. She ate as soon as we got back into town and I was really excited. But I noticed her breathing seemed to be more labored after a coughing fit. Then the next day she barely ate or drank...she wanted to I think but it was too difficult for her. I took her to a 24 hr hospital yesterday, thinking I'd take her home with me and she had bronchitis or pneumonia. My heart sank when the vet took X-rays and told me Nala had malignant cancer in her lungs and had fluid completely surrounding the mass which was making it difficult to breathe. It still was not registering until she said she recommended euthanasia. I was not ready for that but I'd seen my baby earlier struggling to breathe like I'd never seen before. I'm still devastated. But at least I got to be with her until the end and here her purr and see those beautiful green eyes. When she wasn't coughing she was fine so when they brought her back, she was sedated and relaxed so I got to spend peaceful last few moments with her and tell her that I'm sure wherever God had prepared for her would be awesome even though I didn't know where. I can only imagine it's gorgeous! So many great memories and I'm trying to write them down and just let out my wails as I can. I refuse to hold it in and I refuse to apologize. I miss her greatly but I know I was the one that was blessed to have her as my furbaby living angel for almost 13 years. Maybe a week or so before I took her to the vet initially, I stubbed my pinkie toe in the corner of the bed frame and let out an agonizing scream! In Nala's authentic concern for me, she ran over to me as if to say, "Mommy, are you ok?!!" My toe fully healed a day or 2 before she died. That is one of the many things I'll miss about my furbaby Abel, Nala. God, thank You for blessing us with these sweet angels that give and receive love.

Nala on 4/11/17 after her initial vet appointment. She was such a beauty and girlie-girl!

• Moderators

I am so sorry...it's the hardest thing in the world to lose our furbabies.  I hope you will read some of the other loss of pet threads, I just posted some information in another one you might find helpful.  At any rate, I hope this one brings you some comfort.  I believe with all my heart we'll be with them again.

• Members
Furbaby Angels

I get the feeling they're not done after they  die, either, KayC. I'm hopeful and grateful for the time on this side. Thank you for the encouragement and the video.  

• Members
Furbaby Angels

Sure will. I just started another one by Niki Shanahan yesterday. But it's like God has given me a peace about it. I miss her greatly but I trust whatever God does is best! I just got this mental image of all creation worshipping Him together in Heaven...amazing!

Archived