Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Husband drowned whilst at work

Ali Jane

• Members

My husband drowned whilst at work just over five years ago, and I still struggle to accept it. I find it difficult to understand that he went to work one day but never came home.

• Members

Ali Jane, Losing our spouses/partners in what ever manner is complete devastation. We also lose ourselves and our life as we knew it. We will be grieving and holding them in our hearts for the rest of our lives. I am deeply sorry for the loss of your husband. Prayers of comfort and continual strength to you.

• Moderators

It is a hard thing to grasp.  I do hope you've gotten help from a professional grief counselor.  Sometimes a grief support group is of help too.  Take some time to read some posts here and I hope you'll continue to come here and express yourself, it helps and this is a safe place to do it.

I'm so sorry.

• Members
11 hours ago, Ali Jane said:

My husband drowned whilst at work just over five years ago, and I still struggle to accept it. I find it difficult to understand that he went to work one day but never came home.

I am so sorry for your lost and the pain you're experiencing.   They tell me that grief never ends; it changes; it's a passage not a place to stay.  While each person grieve differently, and at their own pace, I'm sorry that after five years, you have not made more progress in your healing process which can be a sign of depression.  Articles have indicated that people suffering from depression tend to be isolated and feel disconnected from others, and may shun such support and assistance. People who don’t get such support, or who avoid it, may be at greater risk for slipping into clinical depression during the grieving process.   Like KayC indicated in her post,  I would strongly suggest  you seek some professional one-on-one grief counseling or group counseling. I'm doing both and they're both such a great comfort in helping me heal from this horrendous ordeal.

God bless and keep you, keep us all, safe.

• Moderators

It might help to have a visit with the doctor too if you have ongoing depression.

Archived