Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of a mom

Nettie06

• Members

Couple of questions, is being jealous of another person because they have both parents? Is this something I should be worried about, and also June 25 of this year will be  a year that my mother will be gone, I feel like it was just yesterday that it happened. I'm trying to heal, but I feel so lost sometimes. What should I do

• Members

Hi Netti96 ... so sorry about the loss of your mom last June.  With the anniversary of her passing coming up I hope for comfort for you.  Those "firsts" are tough to get through.  

I see that you are questioning your feelings.  I know that after losing my parents that I became more sensitive.  Sadness felt magnified, so did loneliness and anger.  In regard to feelings of jealousy toward another person because they still have both parents .... try to see that feeling for what it is.  You just lost your mom less than a year ago and your feelings are still pretty raw.  If we think about it, we are thrown off balance with the loss and that goes for our feelings.  Try to keep in mind that one day that person is also going to lose their parents and will be going through the grieving process that you are going through.  

I believe that you ARE healing with every day that goes by.  Every tear that falls and every memory that comes to us we are healing.  There is no time limit on healing and each person is different.  Our heavy hearts will and do lighten over time.  Your last question "what should I do."  I say just go with your feelings and you will find that over time as we heal your feelings will change.  You may even feel compassion for that person when they have to go through such a devastating loss.

take care and GOD bless

Cindy Jane

• Members

Thank you for your insight, I've been feeling so terrible about my feelings and my heart is heavy. My second to last first will be mother's day and then after that will be the revel of my headstone and the anniversary of my mom's death. Then in February our Aunt ,my mom's sister went missing and we still haven't found her.

• Members

Nettie06....that is terrible about your aunt.  I hope and pray that she is found.  

I too am not looking forward to Mother's Day.  This will be the 3rd Mother's Day without my mom.  Even though I can't celebrate that day with her, I do acknowledge it in my heart in being grateful that I was blessed in having her for my mom.  Always remember this Nettie ... we feel the way we do because of the great love we have for our loved one.  For that I am most grateful.

cyber hugs your way

Cindy Jane

Archived