Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

The Image in My Memory

Skip0420

• Members

I lost my wife to suicide from a gunshot to the head. It happened Nov 9th 2016. I was in the next room when it happened..saw her lying in bed seconds after it happened. I have nightmares every nite..of her face, and haven't been able to sleep at night or in our bed. .any suggestions?

• Members

This is a wonderful group that I have found to be most helpful after my wife's death.

What you experienced can develop into PTSD which needs expert professional assistance. A regional university medical center may be an excellent first contact and resource. 

Please feel free to post or reply to any threads.

• Members

Skip0420, I am so deeply sorry! It is painful enough to lose a spouse, but in the manner of your wife's passing, has to be a horrific ordeal. I agree with AceBasin. I feel professional therapy/counseling would be of utmost benefit for you .Loss of sleep is harmful for our body and can hinder the the grieving process our mind needs in order to be able to function at full capacity.

Please, keep posting when you feel the need to express your emotions and feelings. Just writing and posting here can be therapeutic. You are among wonderful people here who understand, listen and share.

• Moderators

Skip, I'm so sorry, that has to be the hardest way to lose your spouse.  I hope you're in professional grief counseling.  There's also organization for survivors of suicide.  I hope you will go to these links:

http://www.griefhealingblog.com/2013/11/surviving-spouses-suicide.html

http://www.griefhealingblog.com/2012/03/grief-support-for-survivors-of-suicide.html 

Archived