Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

So much loss! My bf & both his dogs died in less than a month!

Sue P 67

• Members

I'm beyond sad!!  I lost the love of my life on April 1st.  If that hasn't been hard enough, his 7 yr old English bulldog passed on the day we buried him of a heart attack and yesterday his 11 yr old English Bulldog died.  His kids are 12 & 14.  They lived with him & these pets.  At this young age these girls have lost their dad, their home, have been forced to move to another town with their mother & her boyfriend) the man she left their dad for), change schools and now have lost both of their lifelong pets!  My heart is breaking for these girls!   Unfortunately our time together was short, I didn't have time to bond with his girls.  I feel so bad!  I know how huge my loss & sorrow is but can not even imagine the heartbreak these two are going through.  

The dogs lost all of this too...they were heartbroken I am sure.  Every time I walked into my loves home since he passed they both came running to me....looking for him to be behind me I'm sure.   I know they are with him now but man is this awful!

• Moderators

Oh wow, Sue, that is a lot to deal with at once.  My husband's cat, Tigger, left two months after he died, he'd stuck around waiting for George to come back and when he didn't, he struck out on his own.  It may very well be that your husband's death hastened that of his dogs.  And then to have the girls go live with their mom, that's a whole lot of adjustment not only for you but for them.  

Please accept my heartfelt condolences, I know mere words are inadequate.  We who are here have also experienced the loss of the love of our lives and know all that entails.  This is a good place to express yourself, it helps to know there are others that understand and care.  I am so sorry!

• Members
3 hours ago, KayC said:

Oh wow, Sue, that is a lot to deal with at once.  My husband's cat, Tigger, left two months after he died, he'd stuck around waiting for George to come back and when he didn't, he struck out on his own.  It may very well be that your husband's death hastened that of his dogs.  And then to have the girls go live with their mom, that's a whole lot of adjustment not only for you but for them.  

Please accept my heartfelt condolences, I know mere words are inadequate.  We who are here have also experienced the loss of the love of our lives and know all that entails.  This is a good place to express yourself, it helps to know there are others that understand and care.  I am so sorry!

Thank you Kay C.  We weren't fortunate enough to have enough time to get married or to live together.  He was my boyfriend of only 4 months but truly the man of my dreams.  Our time was short but it was amazing.  My heart hurts like it has never hurt before but I truly can't imagine how his little girls feel.  It's just all so heartbreaking and sad and hard to understand. :(

• Members
8 hours ago, Sue P 67 said:

I'm beyond sad!!  I lost the love of my life on April 1st.  If that hasn't been hard enough, his 7 yr old English bulldog passed on the day we buried him of a heart attack and yesterday his 11 yr old English Bulldog died.  His kids are 12 & 14.  They lived with him & these pets.  At this young age these girls have lost their dad, their home, have been forced to move to another town with their mother & her boyfriend) the man she left their dad for), change schools and now have lost both of their lifelong pets!  My heart is breaking for these girls!   Unfortunately our time together was short, I didn't have time to bond with his girls.  I feel so bad!  I know how huge my loss & sorrow is but can not even imagine the heartbreak these two are going through.  

The dogs lost all of this too...they were heartbroken I am sure.  Every time I walked into my loves home since he passed they both came running to me....looking for him to be behind me I'm sure.   I know they are with him now but man is this awful!

I'm so sorry for your loss and my heart goes out to his girls.   Losing their father at their early age is bad enough, but to turn around and lose two pets - heartbreaking. Children need help to cope with their grief when a parent dies. The surviving parent is usually the main person who must provide the help children need in coming to terms with the death of the other parent. However, often the surviving parent is so involved with other issues they may be dealing with that support from friends and relatives proves essential.  I think it is important that all those close to the girls should be able to discuss how it was and how it is. Children need to have the facts and the feelings surrounding their loss confirmed often; for this reason it is also important to listen to what they have to say. They will probably need to hear and discuss things over and over again.   Death can leave children scared and scarred. But with support of family, friends and community, they can survive and thrive, learning a resiliency they never knew they had.

It is awful and I'm terribly sorry they will have to grow up without their father; it will be hard for them to forget someone who gave them so much to remember.  Don't be surprise to learn that children are capable of dealing with grief and learn many important lessons by being embraced by their family and community with love, patience and understanding.  My prayers are with them.  God Bless you and the girls and keep them, keep us all, safe.

• Members
KavitaHubby

So sorry for you loss and really can't stop thinking about the girls. When we ask adults cannot take losses how these kids take it. Mine are 19 and 14 and I know they must be missing their mom but again come to point there are somethings god kept in his hand.

Hugs

Manoj

• Moderators
18 hours ago, KavitaHubby said:

hen we ask adults cannot take losses how these kids take it.

I feel the same way, it's so hard.

Archived