Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Losing too many too soon..cant take any more.

Christopher Daniel's Mom

• Members
Christopher Daniel's Mom

Jan. 23, 2007 my Mom passed unexpectedly of heart attack..Sept. 21, 2011 my Significant Other passed from Cancer..July 16, 2014 my baby brother Andy passed unexpectedly..first sibling to die. On August 31st 2015 my youngest Son, Christopher Daniel, 25 yrs died in a house explosion..

Being completely lost & so numb I couldn't feel anything..someone thinking they were a friend & trying to help in their screwed up way, offered me dope. I tried it..like a total dumb ass. Well it stopped my uncontrollable crying..was allowing me to sail thru each day & night..but with constant fear. July 2nd 2016 I got pulled over & went to jail for 4 days for having drugs in my purse. That knocked me back to reality & have not taken any kind of drug since. When I was let out of jail, I was not charged, but 2 months ago I got a letter in mail charging me with a 5th degree felony possesion. I went to court last month & they put me on what's called a colorwheel. So I've been calling everyday to see if my color has come up. It has 4 times & then I drive 60 miles each way to pee in a cup. I'm not addicted to any drug & I don't take anything..I have court again & I'm so...frightened I'm going to get locked away. So now I have created more turmoil for myself because I haven't come to terms with my losses & when I lost my Son, it took me down this hard. I just can't take any More.

• Members
Tommy's mum

Christopherdanielsmom I am so sorry you have had so much trouble and grief to deal with it must feel overwhelming. i am not surprised you were vulnerable and took something to take away the pain. Many of us have had too many drinks at one time or other to blot out the reality in the early days. Im not sure where you are posting from the drug laws are different in each state/country? Forgive my innocence I am not sure if "dope" refers to pot, or heroin or something else . Again charges depend on the type and amount of drugs and whether there has been any offences committed before. There are also mitigating circumstances and your painful history should be told by your lawyer to the court. You made a foolish error whilst grieving and hopefully this will be taken into account and you will be lightly punished. I am sure you are terrified and ask if there is anyone close to you who can offer advice and support to help you? Family or friends? On the thread loss of an Adult child there are many bereaved parents who can offer advice on grief etc this is the most active site. i wish you well.

ae285f49dcaed2b6c04f2970098d2f9c.jpg.2c6ef35a8cf7cf6203f41dd4112332e5.jpg

Archived