Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Never had to go through this before

Rickstar7891

• Members
Rickstar7891

My grandad died last Tuesday. I've never lost anyone so close before and I just don't know what to do with myself. 

People keep asking me how I am and I really don't know. Coming from St Lucia, we have a tradition of nine nights of prayer so everyday we have people at my grandads flat for prayers, food and drink. 

I'm exhausted and emotional and like I've said, never had to go through this before. I still have three other grandparents who are alive. One seriously ill in hospital and the thought of loosing them too is now scaring me. 

My grandad was an amazing man. Loved a good drink and always laughed. It's like he knew he was going to leave this earth. The things he did in the week before he died were not like him but it was like he was tying up any loose ends. 

I know im rambling on and im sorry for that. I just don't know what to do with myself. I'm trying to stay strong for my mum but I'm suffering and hurting so much inside too. 

I miss him so much and just want him back.  

• Members

I too have lost a grandparent.  My grandma passed on 1/18/17.  I think of her every day and the whole in my heart is still big and gaping.  It helps to be around family during these times, helps to be open about your pain.  I do not have any advice as I am still trying to figure out how to keep going.  I take it one day at a time.  I try to find the good in each day as I know that is what my grandmother would have wanted.  May the sun shine your way.

• Members

Dear Rick and More,

I am so sorry for your loss. I know this is a very difficult time. Please know you are not alone. We are all here to listen and support you in anyway we can.

Sending you all my thoughts and prayers.

Archived