Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Death of parent before 17 years old?

SolGirl

• Members

My father died of stage IV melanoma when I was 13 years old. Ever since, I have wondered about the long-term effects that such a devastating loss might have on individuals. I am now a fourth year Clinical Psychology PhD student in New York City and I am thrilled that I have been able to turn this personal topic into a meaningful dissertation study. It feels like one way to keep my dad's memory alive. 

If you meet criteria below, I would be endlessly grateful if you would take my survey! Please also share the link with anyone who might be interested (e.g., siblings, friends, etc). Your participation will be anonymous and you will also have a chance to enter into a raffle to win one of three $50 Amazon gift cards.

1. Are you currently 18 years or older and fluent in English?

2. Have you ever been romantically involved with someone?

3. Have you experienced the death of your biological mother or father before the age of 17?

4. If yes, were your biological mother and father married or living together prior to the death?

If you answered yes to all of these questions, please click the link below:

https://survey.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9sKf37iPMrdgkMB

Please email RelationshipsStudy2017@gmail.com if you have any questions. You can also email me if you are interested in hearing about the results after the study is complete. I am happy to share my findings!

Thank you so very much.

Archived