Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost my mother,father, and my little brother.

Nikkid

• Members

I lost my mother to murder in 1996 when I was 7 yrs old ,my  father to a drug overdose (23 years later) on January 10 2017, and on March 17 2017 I lost my little brother who was 25 years old,to suicide or murder. It's still under investigation. I'm depressed, irritable, emotional, feel disconnected from family and friends. The only reason I still try to be strong is for my husband and daughter. I don't understand why ..... why everyone in my immediate family is gone. My life has been full of pain. I'm praying for better days. 

• Members
Angela in the forest

i'm so sorry for your incredible losses. 

• Members

Nikkid

I understand what you are feeling. My father passed away in 11/97 eleven years later my Mom passed away in 2/08. In September of 2014, my oldest sister died suddenly of an aneurysm I was in the room when it happened, that is an image I still see sometimes when I close my eyes. Her husband of 43 years and high school Sweetheart had a severe stroke in November of 2015 and he passed away at 11:00 pm the night before Thanksgiving. He was like a second Dad to me.

5 days ago my other Sister passed away. I'm not completely alone I still have an older brother, though he doesn't come around a lot and I hardly ever get to talk to him. I have never felt so alone in my entire life. I too feel depressed, irritable, emotional, and disconnected from family and friends. My husband  doesn't understand why I am so depressed all the time. He thinks that just because I am on Antidepressants that I shouldn't be depressed. I wish you many blessings and brighter days ahead, I will include you in my prayers, God Bless you.

Archived