Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Anxiety/Panic attacks

Ebony

• Members

Hello,

My name is Ebony and I lost my mom on 12/4/2016 to Cancer (Multiple Myeloma). It just seems like ever since she does I haven't been myself. Recently, I've been having panic attacks. The first time I had a panic attack I was very scared and I thought I was dying. It was the longest night of my life even though it didn't last too long. I finally calmed down and I went to sleep and then it happened again a few nights later (they always seem to happen at night). I miss my mom so much. She was my best friend. Any suggestions on how to handle panic attacks?

• Members

Hello Ebony, I'm very sorry for your loss. You are not alone, I too started having anxiety and a few panic attacks after my mum passed away, seems to be part of the grief process. I don't have much advice, can only tell you how I'm dealing with mine.  I went and saw my GP who prescribed anti depressants, however I have suffered from recurrent depression for many years and it just happened that my mum passed while I was off the meds so inevitably I had to be put back on them. GP also prescribed medication for the anxiety but after reading up on them I decided I didn't want to be dependent on that so I'm trying the alternative route and got myself some Kalms lavender capsules, they are natural and have helped me a great deal, my anxiety is now at a level where it's not stopping me from going about my day. Hope you feel better soon, sending a hug your way x

• Members

I have been having major anxiety as well - I keep reliving the last couple days of my mom's life, and flashing back - and I am just panicked. Exercise has been helping me, as well as yoga/meditation. But some days I feel like I'm climbing an uphill battle against the anxiety. Hang in there!

Archived