Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Joe, I miss you

Mrsviden

• Members

This is just something written to my husband:

Baby, I miss you. I wonder if what I'm doing would make you proud, would you be proud that I'm in school and that I'm about to graduate? Would you be proud that I have managed to get some major adult stuff done all by myself? Are you still proud to call me your wife? I feel like it's been ages since I've heard your calming voice, the one where you reassured me everything was going to alright. In the end you relied on my voice to tell you it was going to be alright and you said to me "no baby, not this time" I sit here alone, in your chair and just wonder what you would say about life now. You made me a better person and my life a better life, and now I just feel so empty and broken inside, most days I feel as if I don't feel anything. I need you baby, I need to hear you again, i need to see your sweet face again. I love you so much and I miss you. 

Love, Mrs.Viden

• Members

Mrsviden,

Thats lovely, very thoughtful and painful. I've asked those questions many times myself. 

I obviously didn't know your dear husband, but I imagine he'd say something along the lines of 

"I could never be anything but proud of you. I could never be anything but blessed we shared the life we had, and each step you take forward, you won't be alone. I'll always watch over and love you. I'm never far. Keep doing what you're doing, beautiful things await you. We both became better people once we touched one another's life. I'm proud, of who you are and who you'll become."

• Members

I'm sure he'd be very proud of you, Mrsviden.  Well done you - hugs. 

• Members

Mrsviden  --  You don't know how your post has touched me.  I talk to my Charles all the time (I know that even though I can't see his body, his spirit is with me) and ask him those some questions. I've learned in life you will realize there is a role for everyone you meet.  Some will test you, some will use you, some will love you and some will teach you.  The one who is truly important is the one who brings out the best in you.  That person is rare and amazing and will remind you that it was all worth it and if you had to do it again, knowing that person was by your side, you would.   My Charles was that person.  I thank him for making my life the best I could have ever dreamed of; I thank him because, he loved me for 45 years, I thank him for his strength, courage and most of all, just being who he was -  my love, my heart, my everything   Deep inside my soul, he answers yes, he is proud; yes, he is proud to have been my husband;  and yes, we will see each other again.  And so I go on because, I know he is proud.  God Bless you for your post - well said - God bless us all.

• Members
2 hours ago, Andy said:

Mrsviden,

Thats lovely, very thoughtful and painful. I've asked those questions many times myself. 

I obviously didn't know your dear husband, but I imagine he'd say something along the lines of 

"I could never be anything but proud of you. I could never be anything but blessed we shared the life we had, and each step you take forward, you won't be alone. I'll always watch over and love you. I'm never far. Keep doing what you're doing, beautiful things await you. We both became better people once we touched one another's life. I'm proud, of who you are and who you'll become."

Andy, thank you. You're right, everyday is painful. I can only hope that my husband is proud of me. The same questions roll in my head like a cd on repeat. I hope you are doing well, and as always you're in my prayers! 

• Members
45 minutes ago, Francine said:

Mrsviden  --  You don't know how your post has touched me.  I talk to my Charles all the time (I know that even though I can't see his body, his spirit is with me) and ask him those some questions. I've learned in life you will realize there is a role for everyone you meet.  Some will test you, some will use you, some will love you and some will teach you.  The one who is truly important is the one who brings out the best in you.  That person is rare and amazing and will remind you that it was all worth it and if you had to do it again, knowing that person was by your side, you would.   My Charles was that person.  I thank him for making my life the best I could have ever dreamed of; I thank him because, he loved me for 45 years, I thank him for his strength, courage and most of all, just being who he was -  my love, my heart, my everything   Deep inside my soul, he answers yes, he is proud; yes, he is proud to have been my husband;  and yes, we will see each other again.  And so I go on because, I know he is proud.  God Bless you for your post - well said - God bless us all.

Francine thank you I'm glad I'm able to help others even if it is something as a post about him, myself, and the love we shared. I know that I'm fortunate to have been loved so much by someone. I miss his voice so much more than I could have ever imagined. I just hope he knows that. I'm so glad you also experienced such a great love for that length of time, I wish I had 45 years with my husband, but I'm thankful for the times we did have because again they're a lot of memories we made in the short 12 years we were together. I wish you well in all that you do and look forward to talking to you soon. 

Mrsviden

• Members

Mrs Viden, yes he is proud of you but you should be proud of yourself too. We should all be proud of the lives we shared with our loved ones and proud of the way we are handling ourselves through our tragedies. They are with us, supporting us, and very proud of us. 

• Moderators

Mrsviden,

I agree with the others here.  I'm sure if he could just respond he wound.  Keep trying, Hon, we're here with you.

• Members

Mrsviden, A lovely letter of intense, honest feelings.  Your husband is proud of you and still loving you.  HHFaith gave us all a good reminder. We have to be proud of ourselves also. We are the ones who got left behind in this life and it takes much courage, perseverance to keep going. We are cheering each other on in this club.

Archived