Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I just miss my mom

Whit B

• Members

It's been 4, almost 5, months since my mom passed and there are times that I am still completely stunned. I know this has happened but the reality of it is so hard.  I long for my mom. I miss her so much. I have ok days but sometimes it hits me so hard that my mom isn't here.  We were so close and she was so amazing. I try to think of her with gratitude for having been blessed with her.  But the void without her is deep and painful.  I just really miss my mom. 

• Members

If feel the same way about my mom. We were very close and it was very sudden. It seems like some weeks I feel normal, I miss her but it's okay, but then the next week I have to keep telling myself she is really gone. I'm sorry you are hurting, you are not alone.

• Members

Thank you, Ama. It's so hard to believe this has happened.  It really helps to know others can relate.  I'm sorry we're all going through this. 

• Members

Same with me. It has only been 1.5 months -- and I miss her so much sometimes it feels like I can't breathe. And I will have a semi normal day, and then all the sudden get hit like a mack truck by a wave of grief and I am right back to square one. It's like - what do you do with all of that love... and now what do you do when you miss her.

I still just can't believe this happened. It is like a bad dream and I keep waiting to wake up. How do you go on, knowing that she is gone? UGH.

• Members

it has been almost a year now since I lost my mom. I am new to this kind of online thing, but may I just say reading your comments makes me feel a little less alone. so thank you for that. I am so terribly sorry you guys are going through this too. I am only 24, my mom was diagnosed with cancer and 10 months later she was gone. she was my best friend, and I feel so overbearingly guilty I was not able to help her. I miss talking to her about our favorite TV shows, and what my cats were up too.  just listening too her voice. no one understood me like her. everyone expects me to be normal now but I feel so distant inside. some days are better but I almost feel guilty for being happy. Im sorry I don't mean to be depressing, but I can't open up to anyone in person so I thought maybe this would help. good luck to you guys, stay strong for them

• Members
On 4/20/2017 at 5:11 PM, cMichael said:

it has been almost a year now since I lost my mom. I am new to this kind of online thing, but may I just say reading your comments makes me feel a little less alone. so thank you for that. I am so terribly sorry you guys are going through this too. I am only 24, my mom was diagnosed with cancer and 10 months later she was gone. she was my best friend, and I feel so overbearingly guilty I was not able to help her. I miss talking to her about our favorite TV shows, and what my cats were up too.  just listening too her voice. no one understood me like her. everyone expects me to be normal now but I feel so distant inside. some days are better but I almost feel guilty for being happy. Im sorry I don't mean to be depressing, but I can't open up to anyone in person so I thought maybe this would help. good luck to you guys, stay strong for them

cMichael...I completely relate to your post. I lost my mother from cancer too. Apparently she had it for a while and didn't want to worry us by telling us about it. I only recently discovered that last piece of news. Now I am full of guilt on why I didn't pick up on it so that I could have done something to help her. The loss is like nothing I have ever experienced. Its a definite void. Our family will never be the same now that she is gone. She was the glue to our family. I have stopped talking about how I feel about the loss of my mom because my friends give me the feeling like they are tired of hearing me talk about it which hurts. So I am glad to have this online option, that way I don't bother others with my grief. I am sorry for your loss as well but just wanted you to know that you are not alone in your feelings. 

• Members

Thank you all for your kind responses. It helps. It's hard to share with people who haven't experienced this, so it helps to know that people here can relate. I'm sorry we're all going through this. It's so hard. My mom had cancer too but we had no idea how bad it was and she passed quickly and unexpectedly.  It's shocking and surreal. It's true, it feels like a horrible dream.  For the first couple of months I thought it was a nightmare. It's hard to process, I just try to take things one say at a time. She was so vibrant and amazing, my best friend. I know she would want me to live fully just as she did but I'm just heartbroken. I miss her so. 

• Members

Same with me @Whit B - my mom was everything to me. So much fun, such a lively personality. Her absence is just so obvious all the time. It just hurts to the depth of my core. Sorry you also are going through this. It is truly the worst.

Archived