Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

alymel91

• Members

I recently lost my oldest brother, 33 to a severe car accident he and his wife of 11 and a half years were in. I received the call that she was in the hospital and that he did not make it. My whole world came crashing down. In an instant everything I loved and held dear to my heart was taken from me. It's been 3 months going on four months and I still wait up for him to come home, I'm still having neightmares of it happening to us again. This pain will never go away, I still hear all these voices in my head "he didn't make it" I had to call my mom and tell her that her baby was gone all I hear everyday "I have to go my son died". There is no reason this accident should have happened there was no traffic, it wasn't raining. The only cause is reckless driving. The man who hit them was late to work, he was speeding. He put his life before my brothers life. He took him away from me, my family, his wife, my 5 year old niece. He was her god father , he was suppose to take care of her. How is any of this fair? What did we do to deserve this? He was as close as it comes to being perfect. He always put others before himself, always so kind, giving, thoughtful and always laughing, smiling and jokeing around. He always did everything for us, he was the older brother aka the other dad, there were four of us kids, he always took care of us even when he didn't have to. His response was always the same when he did something for us "it's because I want to" I'll never get over all the hurt, sadness, anger, anxiety. Everything was so traumatic, it still is to this day. My life has forever been ruined. This man who hit him is out there, he's on the road who's to say he won't do this again? Why is he allowed to live, come home to his family? His complete family. I never got to say good bye, hug him, or tell him how much I love him and how much he means to me. The day he ended my brothers life he ended mine. 

• Members

I am so very sorry for your loss. I have no idea why things happen, and to really good people. I have no answers for you. I do believe you need to talk to your family about how you feel. 

I lost my brother to a car wreck many years ago. It was horrific and awful, but I can tell you from experience that the pain lessens over time and happy memories come back. It took awhile. Your grief is fresh, and your anger is strong. It is okay to feel that way. Just talk to your family and friends how you feel. Try to be there for his wife and family. You all need each other. 

Take care of yourself. 

We will be here with you,

ModKonnie

• Members

I am living through a similar situation.  I lost my brother eight months ago and I still haven't been able to deal with the night the police called us.  Please know that, eventually, you will not remember those things as often.  The hardest part of it all for me has been having someone to talk to.  So just know there are people who you can turn to who will try to guide you and you can express your feelings here.

Addy

• Members

Dear Alyme,

I'm very sorry for your pain and sorrow. I know the pain is unbearable. I, too, want to scream at the world and how unfair it is. Your brother sounds like an amazing person. I'm sure he knew how much he was loved and cherished by his family. Please know you are not alone. We are all here to listen and support you in anyway we can. Thinking of you and your family during this difficult time. Sending you all my thoughts and prayers.

Archived