Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

The 15th

Andrew's girl

• Members
Andrew's girl

Today marks three and a half months. Time has become my enemy,it keeps getting harder. Your memory brings pain,sadness and tears,with you gone, the memories are all I have,I pray for the day I will celebrate your life.For the day I will be able to sit with friends and family as they talk about how amazing you were, how much joy you brought them.I want to look back at the four years we shared and the happiness from that overcomes all the pain.

I want to remember the way you lived and not how it ended.For now,it is one day at a time,they say grief is love weeping,I love you forever.With the Easter holidays here,your absence is felt and you are missed.Watch over us from up there,it's a hard one and I'm trying to stay afloat but it's not easy. I love you babe and I miss you.

• Members

Andrew hears you and is sending you much love and strength. You will get to that point someday when you will be able to smile with the memories. (HUGS)

• Moderators
2 hours ago, KMB said:

Andrew hears you and is sending you much love and strength. You will get to that point someday when you will be able to smile with the memories. (HUGS)

It's true, the memories brought me pain in the beginning, now it brings me comfort as I know at least once in my life I was loved.

• Members

Hey there (Andrew's girl),

I hadn't responded because Saturday marked my 45th wedding anniversary and I had a really busy schedule.  There will come a time when the pain won't be so intense and perhaps the tears won't come so frequently - but the love you have for Andrew will never lessen - it will grow stronger.  That day is coming when you will be able to sit down and celebrate Andrew's life with friends and family - and it will be a great.  And you, young lady, will be the one to orchestrate it.

Of course it's not easy, it never was meant to be.  It's going to be hard; but guess what, hard is not impossible.   Losing someone you love more than life itself is the hardest thing you will ever have to face.  You can remember his life now - remember that your life is much brighter and fuller because he was a part of it.   Losing Andrew was a bad thing that happened - I truly get it -  but you can let it define you, let it destroy you, or you can let it strengthen you.  We both know what Andrew would want you to do. 

It amazes me how each life touches another life in a way that is remarkable.  As much as we want to plan our lives, it has a way of surprising us with unexpected things that will make us happier than we originally planned.  That's what we call "God's Will".  God understands our prayers even when we can't find the words to say them.

This is what I want you to do; at the end of the day, take a shower, wash off the day. Drink a glass of water; make your room somewhat dark; lie down and close your eyes, breathe and notice the silence.  Notice your heart, still beating, still fighting.  You made it after all; you made it another day; and you will make it one more day and another day................ 

You and I both know, Andrew's girl is strong, and his spirit is always with you.  One day you are going to realize what's important and what isn't; care less about what other people think about you and more about what you think of yourself. You're going to realize how far you've come and remember when you thought things were such a mess that you would never recover.  And you are going to smile - smile because you will be truly proud of yourself and that Glynnis you have fought to become.   I am proud of you now and more when you're proud of yourself.  

God bless and keep you safe, keep us all, safe.

• Members
Andrew's girl

Hi Francine,

On 4/17/2017 at 10:39 PM, Francine said:

This is what I want you to do; at the end of the day, take a shower, wash off the day. Drink a glass of water; make your room somewhat dark; lie down and close your eyes, breathe and notice the silence.  Notice your heart, still beating, still fighting.  You made it after all; you made it another day; and you will make it one more day and another day................ 

Of course it's not easy, it never was meant to be.  It's going to be hard; but guess what, hard is not impossible.   Losing someone you love more than life itself is the hardest thing you will ever have to face.  You can remember his life now - remember that your life is much brighter and fuller because he was a part of it.   Losing Andrew was a bad thing that happened - I truly get it -  but you can let it define you, let it destroy you, or you can let it strengthen you.  We both know what Andrew would want you to do. 

I needed to hear this, thank you:)

I hadn't responded because Saturday marked my 45th wedding anniversary and I had a really busy schedule. 

I hope your anniversary day was kind and gentle.

Thank you ALL for the kind replies.

• Members

Andrew's girl, Hang in there. You have come far in a short time. Probably doesn't feel like it, but you have. Every day you manage through, makes you stronger. Andrew is always with you. We are here for you also.

• Members
12 hours ago, Andrew's girl said:

I hope your anniversary day was kind and gentle.

It was a beautiful day and a wonderful celebration of 45 years with a man of my dreams - one I didn't expect.  I thought it was going to be a gloom-doom day - but God had other plans for me.  There were times when the tears came, but that was OK.   I know my Charles' spirit is with me, even though his body isn't and that gives me comfort.   I know that my God will bring me though this - when I say, I have nothing left - Gods says, "I do".  HE does the most perfect work when HE begins with just that -- nothing.

I'm sending hugs and prayers your way - you know I'm here, we all are, whenever you need to post.  God bless and keep you, keep us all, safe.

Archived