Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

First Holiday

Kathysdaughter

• Members
Kathysdaughter

Hi...I'm new.  I lost my mom right after Thanksgiving to Pancreatic Cancer and Alzheimers.  Mentally,  I started to loose her 2 years ago.  I couldn't count Christmas as the first Holiday because I had to rush my father to the hospital for the third time in 2 weeks. I was taken back by how this holiday hit me because she wasn't here for a time before she died.  I think it is I didn't have time to grieve when she past...dad got sick, went to rehab and then after he came home, I was setting up home care then I had cataract surgery then my daughter had emergency surgery.  I think this was the first time I was able to let go. Just typing this out has helped me realize that I hadn't taken the time I needed.

• Members

Dear Kathysdaughter,

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your mom.  Please know there is no right way or wrong way to handle grief.  Glad you were able to express yourself here on the forum. Its not easy  to lose one parent and still have to stay strong and continue caring for our second parent. I hope your father is feeling better. Please take care. Sending you love and hugs.

Archived