Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Saying goodbye to my companion of 21 years

JennifetD

• Members

I lost my cat of 21 years yesterday... and the grief is breaking my heart .. she was everything to me ... we grew up and grew old together ... 

she is free from the discomfort of old age ... which is a good thing ... yet selfishly I ache and wished she was still here with me ..... 

How do you cope with the gnawing pain and sense of loss it is so raw ... so deep, so painful ... I miss her so much 

IMG_7460.JPG

• Moderators

Oh Jennifer, my heart breaks for you as right now my 21 year old cat, Kitty, isn't doing well.  I honestly thought I was losing her two days ago, right now it's day by day.  I don't know how we go on without them, one day at a time.  It takes going through a lot of pain to heal.  I lost my Miss Mocha June 3rd and am still not over her yet!  I don't think we ever do "get over" someone we love, be it someone furry or human.  We just adjust to our lives without, and that's a hard process.

Archived