Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My beautiful cat got run over and died

Joanne123

• Members

My 3 year old rescue burmilla got knocked over an passed away yesturday , IV always had cats and dogs and have lost many over the years but this cat who was named mammy's boy was not an average cat he was so speacil , he was very vocal he'd meow an talk just walking around he was so funny an followed me every were hence the name lol , we also have his sister who is gonna miss him terrible , I'm crying all the time i don't think IL ever mind a cat just like him , i miss him so much already and it's only been a day he was here yesterday morning and now he's gone is it normal to feel so upset ? 

20170328_140313.jpg

• Moderators

Joanne,

I am so sorry!  Yes, it is very normal to be upset, you're grieving, how can you not!  He was a member of your family.  Cats are all so unique and we mourn their special-ness that we've come to appreciate about them.  It's very hard to get used to them being gone when they were such an integral part of our lives.

Today Kitty is sick and I worry about her as she is 21.  If she was two I wouldn't think twice about it, but being this age, I always worry if this is it.  I lost my other cat in June and never expected to.  

• Members

Aw hope kitty is gonna be ok and thanku means a lot , I'm sure it will get easier just still so raw at this moment in time x

• Moderators

She does seem to be perking up a bit so maybe she just had a bug.  I can't believe people's reactions yesterday, they were matter of fact and "Oh yeah, she's going to die, remember the good years."  What the heck!  I'm not ready to give up on her, I know she will die someday, but I can't help but not want it to be today!  I appreciate your response.

It is so darn hard to lose them and I know it's feeling really raw and painful right now...so hard to go through that period of time until the intensity fades a bit.  You're in my prayers as you go through this difficult time.

• Members

I know that feeling .... my heart is with you ... love her as much as you can ... each day is precious .... a gift, a blessing .... I seek comfort in believing that the connection that we have will never be broken it just transcends into a different level. 

• Members

Oh Joanne ... no words will ever be able to erase your pain..... I feel for you as I lost my cat yesterday too.... 

i am sorry for your loss 

Archived