Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Just lost my husband.

HAB's wife

• Members

My husband passed away 03- 25- 17. ( Those words are SO hard to type AND say). I'm very raw and emotional and still in shock. It was sudden and unexpected. Looking for answers that aren't there....

• Members

I am so, so sorry for your loss, HAB's wife. I understand how you're feeling and how difficult those words are to write and say out loud.  Sadly I don't have the words to help you feel better but please know my thoughts are with you.

I send you strength and hugs. Xx

• Members

Those are terribly hard words to say and comprehend.  Many of us here know exactly how you feel :(

Thinking of you.

• Members

Hab's wife,  So many questions and there are no answers----- I am sorry for your loss of your beloved husband. All of us here understand your feelings. It hurts my heart more whenever I see someone joining this club. We don't want to be here, but we need to find others who truly *get* what we are going through. It is so helpful that this forum is here where it is safe to express ourselves and be heard.

Please, keep reaching out and posting when you feel the need. We are here for you and for each other.

• Members

HABs wife, 

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't offer many words but to say that i understand what you are going through. I lost my fiancé on 3/27 unexpectedly and it is a struggle to get through every day. It has helped to know that people on this website understand and have been through this. I'm thinking of you and praying for you..

• Moderators

HAB'S WIFE,

I am so sorry.  I'm glad you've found a way here.  Keep reading and posting, it really helps to have this safe place to share where people get it and understand.  When you are able and ready perhaps you can tell us a bit about your husband...

• Guests

Hab's Wife. So sorry for the tragedy that has befallen you. It happened to me and I understand how it is. It is difficult to say or write the words. You will go through the formalities that are necessary while you are still shocked to the core and reeling from it. Just know that you will come through. Same advice as everyone else here is to keep posting and talking. It may help you knowing others on this site are here for the same reason.  My heart aches for you. Take care of yourself. Xx

• Members
On 4/11/2017 at 0:46 AM, HAB's wife said:

My husband passed away 03- 25- 17. ( Those words are SO hard to type AND say). I'm very raw and emotional and still in shock. It was sudden and unexpected. Looking for answers that aren't there....

I'm so very sorry and know your pain.  I lost the love of my life, my husband Charles unexpectedly and I'm still trying to wrap my mind on the fact that he's really gone.  It still feels unreal, like a dream - no, more like a nightmare - and I want to wake up, but I can't.   It was and still is hard for me to say my husband passed away - those words don't feel right coming out of my mouth.  You will be in shock for sometime and expect your emotions to run wild.  You might be uncertain you will survive this overwhelming loss or even want to.  The loss will undoubtedly leave you with all kinds of emotions - and guess what - it's all normal - It's Grief.   

When you lose someone you love and you're not expecting it, you don't lose them all at once, you lose them in pieces over a long period time.  Gradually, you accumulate all the pieces and think he must have gone away - but guess what - he's still right next to you because love, true love, never dies.

You'll never quite get over the loss of your husband; you just slowly learn how to go on without him - so prepare yourself -  it won't be easy.   I can only imagine it will be the hardest thing you will ever do. There will be times when you think you can't go on and want to give up.  You will feel defeated and beaten.  Grief opens a place in our hearts that we never knew could hurt so profoundly, but it also opens this same place to a love we never imagined possible - and that is what you hold on to - the love you shared together and not the loss.

There is nothing I can say that will take away the hurt, but know that you have us here on this forum that you can talk, vent or cry to.  We all send you our loving hugs and we will be here for you when you need to post again.

God bless and keep you, keep us all safe.

• Members

HAB'S Wife, I'm so truly sorry that you've recently lost your husband so unexpectedly. I can't offer any words but I pray that you get through this awful time the best way you can. Thinking of you. 

Archived