Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my Sister

Cindy dunkin

• Members
Cindy dunkin

I lost part of me lossing her. I don't know how to deal with the pain and guilt. My Sister was only 48yrs old she struggled off and on for many years. A few years back I thought she had finally  made it to her happy place. She was with an awesome man they got married. I had never seen her so happy. We had gotten closers than ever. I wish time could have stood still. For the last two yrs everything changed. She back on drugs her marriage had ended. When she asked to come live with me I turned her away because of the drugs. Then she disappeared no one knew where she was ir if she was safe. I prayed everyday for God to keep her safe and for her to get help. I would lay awake at night praying to hear from her so I would know she was OK. Then I got the worst call of my life. It was an emergency room from the hospital telling me they thought they had my sister could I come identify her. She was gone I don't know how to deal with the pain and guilt. A part of my heart died with her. The pain is unbearable. How to I go on. I've never been through anything like this. So i have found this site maybe hearing from people who have been though this will help.          I love you my beautiful Sister. 

• Members

Dear Cindy,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know the pain is unbearable. Please know we are all here to listen and support you during this difficult time. Please be kind and gentle with yourself. Thinking of you and your family. Sending you love and hugs.

Archived