Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My fiancé died 3 days ago

Holly Bowden

• Members
Holly Bowden

My fiancé, my soulmate, the love of my life, my best friend died 3 days ago. I feel like I died with him but I didn't, I was left here wanting to die.  I don't know how to go on. I  stopped believing in soulmates and that this kind of love existed until I met David. He made me believe in everything again.  We had a rare one of a kind love. My world is completely shattered

IMG_0161.PNG

• Members

Holly -- I'm so sorry for your loss and feel your pain. Few events in life will be as painful as losing your husband/soulmate; you feel uncertain you can survive this overwhelming loss or if you even want to.  My Charles died roughly 4 months ago and I died with him; I just wasn't buried.    Everything within me died that day and I couldn't see myself living without him, nor did I want to.  We had been married for nearly 45 years and it seem like only yesterday - that's how much we still loved one another.   Our love was like no other - it was honestly one for the ages -  a story book love where you get to live happily ever after.  Unfortunately, I didn't.

Don't be surprise if the upcoming days are frightening, overwhelming and lonely; after all, you've lost your soulmate, your companion, the person you shared your life and love with. You may be confused and not know who you are; all this is common, after all, you've lost a part of yourself.  I think the most compassionate self-action you can take at this difficult time is having a support system of caring friends and relatives who will provide the understanding you need.   I hope it brings you some comfort in knowing your life is brighter, fuller and happier because your David was in it; know that the love you shared is eternal. 

When life leaves you in the midst of a raging storm, know that the storm will not last forever and the sun is always brightest after the storm.  When you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person that walked in.   God wakes us up in the midst of the storm to teach us a lesson.  HE sometimes takes away those we love so we can learn to value love itself.  HE sometimes makes us cry so hard that when we open our eyes, we see clearer.   HE allows us to be bitter so we can realize that there is no genuine happiness if we think only of our needs.  That's what the storm is all about.   At the end of the day, all you need is Hope and Strength.  Hope that it will get better and strength to hold on until it does.  Give God your weakness and HE will give you his strength.

Know we are here anytime you feel the need to post.  My prayer is for God to wrap his loving arms around you and let you feel how much you are blessed and loved.

P.S.  Your picture is lovely and the two of you seem so much in love

• Members

Holly Bowden, I'm terribly sorry for the loss of your beloved. There's nothing I can say to ease your sorrow, nothing that will make this better. Absolutely your world collapsed, you will never be the same, and despite what many people believe, you will not simply "get over it". I'm 3 months into this new world without my wife, and today isn't much better than a week after she passed. You'll feel an agonizing range of emotions, you're going to feel twisted and torn, and it's all "normal". I encourage you to post here as often as you see fit, the people here are wonderful, willing to share their experiences to help the rest of us unfortunate souls. 

God bless and keep you, peace and comfort,

Andy

• Moderators

Holly,

I am so sorry for your loss, as long as I've been at this it's something I never get used to, that someone can be going along through life and wham!  They lose their partner.  Grief has a beginning but no ending, but it does change form and evolve throughout our grief journey.  Right now you are probably in shock and having a hard time processing this.  You will experience a myriad of emotions, all of them valid.  Keep coming here, this is a safe place where people "get it" and understand.

• Members

Holly, Thanks for sharing the beautiful, loving pic of you and David. I am sorry for your loss. Shock, denial, devastation. My heart goes out to you that you will experience those emotions plus many more. it hurts whenever I see someone new finding their way to this forum. Another person who lost their soulmate. But, glad to see you here. Only those who have a loss such as ours completely *gets it* and understands. You will be heard and listened to here. Sending prayers and hugs of comfort to you.

• Members

Holly,

I am so sorry the loss of your soulmate. I do not have many words but just to let you know I understand. I lost my fiancé 9 days ago and I am barely functioning. Everything you said i have been feeling the last 9 days. I just got on the website and people here are very open and comforting. I am truly sorry, hope we can find some comfort and peace. I am thinking of you and praying for you. 

• Members
Holly Bowden

Thank you all for the kind words and support ❤

• Members
Holly Bowden
4 hours ago, Cat said:

Holly,

I am so sorry the loss of your soulmate. I do not have many words but just to let you know I understand. I lost my fiancé 9 days ago and I am barely functioning. Everything you said i have been feeling the last 9 days. I just got on the website and people here are very open and comforting. I am truly sorry, hope we can find some comfort and peace. I am thinking of you and praying for you. 

On 4/3/2017 at 11:11 PM, Francine said:

Holly -- I'm so sorry for your loss and feel your pain. Few events in life will be as painful as losing your husband/soulmate; you feel uncertain you can survive this overwhelming loss or if you even want to.  My Charles died roughly 4 months ago and I died with him; I just wasn't buried.    Everything within me died that day and I couldn't see myself living without him, nor did I want to.  We had been married for nearly 45 years and it seem like only yesterday - that's how much we still loved one another.   Our love was like no other - it was honestly one for the ages -  a story book love where you get to live happily ever after.  Unfortunately, I didn't.

Don't be surprise if the upcoming days are frightening, overwhelming and lonely; after all, you've lost your soulmate, your companion, the person you shared your life and love with. You may be confused and not know who you are; all this is common, after all, you've lost a part of yourself.  I think the most compassionate self-action you can take at this difficult time is having a support system of caring friends and relatives who will provide the understanding you need.   I hope it brings you some comfort in knowing your life is brighter, fuller and happier because your David was in it; know that the love you shared is eternal. 

When life leaves you in the midst of a raging storm, know that the storm will not last forever and the sun is always brightest after the storm.  When you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person that walked in.   God wakes us up in the midst of the storm to teach us a lesson.  HE sometimes takes away those we love so we can learn to value love itself.  HE sometimes makes us cry so hard that when we open our eyes, we see clearer.   HE allows us to be bitter so we can realize that there is no genuine happiness if we think only of our needs.  That's what the storm is all about.   At the end of the day, all you need is Hope and Strength.  Hope that it will get better and strength to hold on until it does.  Give God your weakness and HE will give you his strength.

Know we are here anytime you feel the need to post.  My prayer is for God to wrap his loving arms around you and let you feel how much you are blessed and loved.

Francine I am so sorry for your loss also. Thank you for sharing your story. It gave me some comfort ❤

• Members
Holly Bowden
On 4/4/2017 at 1:40 PM, KMB said:

Holly, Thanks for sharing the beautiful, loving pic of you and David. I am sorry for your loss. Shock, denial, devastation. My heart goes out to you that you will experience those emotions plus many more. it hurts whenever I see someone new finding their way to this forum. Another person who lost their soulmate. But, glad to see you here. Only those who have a loss such as ours completely *gets it* and understands. You will be heard and listened to here. Sending prayers and hugs of comfort to you.

Thank you so much! 

• Members
Holly Bowden
On 4/4/2017 at 6:55 AM, Andy said:

Holly Bowden, I'm terribly sorry for the loss of your beloved. There's nothing I can say to ease your sorrow, nothing that will make this better. Absolutely your world collapsed, you will never be the same, and despite what many people believe, you will not simply "get over it". I'm 3 months into this new world without my wife, and today isn't much better than a week after she passed. You'll feel an agonizing range of emotions, you're going to feel twisted and torn, and it's all "normal". I encourage you to post here as often as you see fit, the people here are wonderful, willing to share their experiences to help the rest of us unfortunate souls. 

God bless and keep you, peace and comfort,

Andy

Thank you Andy, I am so sorry for your loss also ❤ I am finding some comfort here and glad I found this

• Members
Holly Bowden
On 4/3/2017 at 11:11 PM, Francine said:

On 4/4/2017 at 10:08 AM, KayC said:

Holly,

I am so sorry for your loss, as long as I've been at this it's something I never get used to, that someone can be going along through life and wham!  They lose their partner.  Grief has a beginning but no ending, but it does change form and evolve throughout our grief journey.  Right now you are probably in shock and having a hard time processing this.  You will experience a myriad of emotions, all of them valid.  Keep coming here, this is a safe place where people "get it" and understand.

Thank you KayC ❤

• Members
4 minutes ago, Holly Bowden said:

Thank you Andy, I am so sorry for your loss also ❤ I am finding some comfort here and glad I found this

Holly Bowden, pleases post here as often as you'd like. I'm truly happy you found at least some comfort, even if it's knowing you aren't alone. 

Peace and comfort,

Andy

• Members
Holly Bowden
On 4/5/2017 at 4:13 PM, Cat said:

Holly,

Thank you Cat! I am so sorry for loss also ❤️ Sending prayers to you also 

Archived