Online Grief Support, Help for Coping with Loss | Beyond Indigo Forums
  • Announcements

• ModKonnie

Advertisements   09/05/2017

Hi all,  I'm sure you've noticed some changes in the forums. We've again had to do some updates, so that's why things may look a little different. Nothing major should have changed.  Also, we are going to start adding advertisements sensitive to our community on the boards. This is something we are experimenting with, and we will certainly make sure they are in the best interests of everyone. We want to make sure our forums continue to stay accessible and cost free to all of our members, and this is a way to ensure this.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to privately message me or email me at Konnie@beyondindigo.com.  As always, we will be here with you, ModKonnie
Autocharge

Autocharge my Experience

KMB   

Autocharge, I can see the new generator in the pic. I watched the videos. I wouldn't even want to drive my 4WD pickup through that water.  A person would be better off with a pontoon or one of those monster trucks I've seen on tv.  Then again, you probably couldn't transport people or supplies with those too well. If all these water weather disasters are going to become the norm, somebody will invent the perfect vehicle for rescues/supplies.

KayC   

KMB,

They have invented the perfect vehicle for it.  They have vehicles that also double as water-transporters, but they are very expensive and not very many own them.

KayC   

About 1 1/2 minute into the video is where it hits the water!

KayC   

Not sure how this would help rescue anyone but my son sure would enjoy one!

KMB   

Cool pics. Go figure that the military would have something. It just wasn't clicking in my brain the other day, that the military did have those huge all terrain vehicles. Blame it on the lingering brain fog!

KayC   

I didn't see any in the news but I wonder if they brought some in, it would stand to reason that they would.  

On 8/1/2017 at 3:06 PM, KayC said:

The choices I see is you continue to travel while she continues to work, or you marry and she retires early and you go it together.  Either way, no decision has to be made today, right now play the cards you have and enjoy what is.

It looks like a third choice has come up. My old work called me up just the other day and wants to talk to me about a position. It would start off in the states for about a year(6mo training than 6mo in Oklahoma city). Then I would go to Argentina for three years or more. I told Carla about this and she is encouraging me to do “what I want”. We talked about her traveling and how it could workout. If things stayed the same between us(but who knows right).  The thing is I liked what I did and I was good at it. The money is nice , not that I need it but extra money never hurts, right.  I can always retire again but how often do jobs come along. After writing this it seems pretty clear what I should do. Once again I hold my breath and jump feet first into the unknow. I don't want my relationship with Carla to go bad but there's a chance that it will workout. It would nice to have my cake and eat it too. I don't think we would have any problems for the first year while im state side but the Argentina part of it could be different. Only time will tell. Please let me know if I have overlooked anything.

Autocharge (moving forward”new normal”)

KMB   

Autocharge,  Wow!  Somebody is looking out for you and knows what opportunities to have come your way! You've already made your choice. You are doing the right thing. This is your life and you need to follow what your instincts,heart, are saying to you. You do have a year before leaving for Argentina. A lot can happen in a years time. Carla is on your side. She will have your best interests at heart also. If she is willing to do the traveling required, to help sustain/nurture the relationship, it will go fine. I don't see how you could have over looked anything. You seem well grounded in whatever you do.  Keep us posted!

KayC   

Autocharge,

The time apart could bring some clarity and you can still visit...after a year's time you may feel you don't want to be apart from Carla.  If so, time enough to figure out if you need to make it work out so you can be together, perhaps she could go with you to Argentina, or if you will arrange visits.  But I do hope everything works out for you and it sounds like a wonderful opportunity!