• Autocharge

• KayC

• KMB

• Gail 8588

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
darkshadowgirl
14 hours ago, Autocharge said:

What new world lies before me? The unknown and the fear that comes with it. I will face this fear for I have no choice. 

This is exactly how I feel right now. Beautifully said.

• Members

Crossing the Bridge, Moving into a Relationship III

Well I survived meeting Carla’s family. It was for her niece's nursing graduation and was just one day “saturday”. On the drive back she got several text messages saying to the effect that they all aproved of me. LOL   Carla has three older sisters, that look out for her. So I was expecting a 100 questions not just the 20. It was good we all had fun.

I’m coming up on an interesting point in our relationship. I don't know how to “square the circle”. I mean I’m retired and i’m starting to go on vacations more and want to go and see what the continental 48 states have to offer. Carla is still working and has to for the next 20 years. You see the problem now? How does this work? I know many of you are going to tell me not to think that far ahead and just enjoy the moment (which is good advice, see I do listen to people on here). But at the same time I am who I am and I am always looking down the road.

Autocharge (moving forward”new normal”)

PS. I’m off to Waco in a few hours.

• Members
37 minutes ago, Autocharge said:

Crossing the Bridge, Moving into a Relationship III

Well I survived meeting Carla’s family. It was for her niece's nursing graduation and was just one day “saturday”. On the drive back she got several text messages saying to the effect that they all aproved of me. LOL   Carla has three older sisters, that look out for her. So I was expecting a 100 questions not just the 20. It was good we all had fun.

I’m coming up on an interesting point in our relationship. I don't know how to “square the circle”. I mean I’m retired and i’m starting to go on vacations more and want to go and see what the continental 48 states have to offer. Carla is still working and has to for the next 20 years. You see the problem now? How does this work? I know many of you are going to tell me not to think that far ahead and just enjoy the moment (which is good advice, see I do listen to people on here). But at the same time I am who I am and I am always looking down the road.

Autocharge (moving forward”new normal”)

PS. I’m off to Waco in a few hours.

Lay it out there. Let her know your plans and desires. If the relationship is important to her than she will appreciate your candor and if it's meant to be then you two will figure out a work around. If not then that's ok too. I wish you luck.

• Members

Autocharge,  The advice from Eagle is well said. Honesty is always the best policy. Be true to yourself. Carla will appreciate it. I wish you both well. Drive safe and have fun in Waco!

• Moderators

The choices I see is you continue to travel while she continues to work, or you marry and she retires early and you go it together.  Either way, no decision has to be made today, right now play the cards you have and enjoy what is.  

I planned to work until I was 70, that is until I lost my job for the third time during the recession and by that time I already knew no one wanted to hire me at my age and I couldn't afford commuting 100 miles/day at minimum wage so that was out.  The last time I got my pink slip, I knew I was done.  Somehow I've made it and never missed a meal (nope, no food stamps either).  That first week I found out I needed a new roof.  Took a chunk of my savings.  I've had one major home repair after another.  STILL haven't missed a meal!  My point is, I hadn't planned on retiring when I did but I've made it happen...point being, sometimes our plans change and it all works out. ;)

• Members
On 8/1/2017 at 1:10 AM, darkshadowgirl said:

This is exactly how I feel right now. Beautifully said.

Thank you

• Members

Waco

Well the first day of games is over. I watched 3 of the four baseball games. I really do like little league ball over major league. That throw to first base isn’t always going to make it. That makes it an exciting game to watch. These kids are amazing for their age. So I got 11 more games to watch, how much more fun could a person have? By the way my mobile “hotspot” viea my cell phone is working great hence I can post to this thread on the road now. LOL

Autocharge (moving forward “new normal”)

• Moderators

Autocharge, your zeal is contagious, so glad to hear you're enjoying yourself!  You're like a breath of fresh air here!

• Members

Wedding  Anniversary

Today is the second wedding anniversary without her The first one was only a month and a half from her passing. It would have been 23 years today , do we stop counting anniversaries it doesn't feel right . I wish she were here . Now I'm forced to count the number of years that she's passed .There are certain dates you commit to memory when you're in a relationship. Dates you tell yourself you never want to forget . What do you do with these dates now ?  I guess I'm at 22 years of marriage and I lost her last year . That's what most people are going to understand . These are my new numbers Along with the dates of my new relationship with Carla Just over a month now .It feels strange to talk about my wife and Carla in the same paragraph . It's almost as if I'm scared of having the two women meet. I have my wife and I have a girlfriend, I never thought I would say that.

• Members

Last night I watched an amazing little league baseball game ,Texas East versus Texas west it went into 7 innings that's an overtime inning it was the longest game in history at the Little League park. Attached is the winning run.

Autocharge

Texas East vs west game 1.mov

• Members
3 hours ago, Autocharge said:

today is the second wedding anniversary without her The first one was only a month and a half from her passing. It would have been 23 years today , do we stop counting anniversaries it doesn't feel right . I wish she were here . Now I'm forced to count the number of years that she's passed .There are certain dates you commit to memory when you're in a relationship. Dates you tell yourself you never want to forget . What do you do with these dates now ?  

I wish I had the answer, for you, for everyone, for myself. Our memories and love will ensure we don't forget dates. We count both, what could have been and what is.  It is the natural way our minds work. No matter the reasoning, it is tough and complex.

Enjoy the little League games and the present day and moments!

• Members

Waco

Games 8 and 9 are over.  Texas west moves on to the next round.  Go TEXAS!!!!   LOL

Autocharge

• Moderators
On 8/6/2017 at 7:45 AM, Autocharge said:

Wedding  Anniversary

Today is the second wedding anniversary without her The first one was only a month and a half from her passing. It would have been 23 years today , do we stop counting anniversaries it doesn't feel right . I wish she were here . Now I'm forced to count the number of years that she's passed .There are certain dates you commit to memory when you're in a relationship. Dates you tell yourself you never want to forget . What do you do with these dates now ?  I guess I'm at 22 years of marriage and I lost her last year . That's what most people are going to understand . These are my new numbers Along with the dates of my new relationship with Carla Just over a month now .It feels strange to talk about my wife and Carla in the same paragraph . It's almost as if I'm scared of having the two women meet. I have my wife and I have a girlfriend, I never thought I would say that.

I don't add on years married, but I never fail to remember our anniversary, how could I?  We would have been married 16 years our upcoming anniversary, it's hard to believe this much time has passed.  I know we would still be happily married and my life would be so different if only he hadn't died.

It is a weird place to be in, feeling like you still have a wife and yet you now have a GF.  I guess I can only say that unless someone has been there, they can't get it.  Just because you now have someone new in your life doesn't make the other relationship any less valid or important.  Such is the way with grief...

• Members

Waco

Okay tonight, Texas West vs Texas East , in the final game of the Little League Regional playoffs it’s an all Texas Championship tonight .  Go Texas.

Autocharge

• Members
On 8/7/2017 at 10:25 AM, KayC said:

It is a weird place to be in, feeling like you still have a wife and yet you now have a GF.

The Beginning

I'll always have a wife along with a past life . I'm having to start over in one respect . Trying to build a new relationship, a new life. Can you really take the old life put it into a crystal ball and put it on a shelf? I know we are a sum of our past experiences but when you add up all the days to come, who will we become?   Will I be a man of two tails , two lives? Is this an opportunity to reflect on the old me and look forward to the new me, make it what I want?  Many years from now when I look back will I have a part A and Part B to my life story? I didn't know how hard part A was going to be. But I did it. I have no idea what part B lays in front of me . from KayC “It is a weird place to be in,” known as “The Beginning “.  

PS: Thank you Kayc for Provoking my thought process. “A weird place to be” = “The Beginning”

• Moderators

I don't think we do put it on a shelf.  Our grief continues, even with a new relationship in our lives.  It doesn't take a back seat or a front seat, we coexist with our grief.  But we can learn to enjoy life again, we can build something from the ashes, it takes concerted effort, it's not something we just stumble into.  

Two tales, two lives?  Perhaps.  Nothing wrong with that!

In my other grief site, there is a section called New Beginnings, for those who are doing just as you are.

• Members

Moving Her things II

I finally made it to the last room in the house, her hobby room. It had her sewing machines her embroidery all the stuff that she took to Sunday school lessons for the kids craft stuff . It had the wrapping paper for Christmas, gift bags ,Birthday cards greeting cards every type of card . It had her unfinished projects, it had the computer that i had set up to work the machines.  It is now a guest bedroom “only”. I moved our Queen size bed into the room and bought / built my new king size bed. In an earlier post I had talked about How I had emotional feelings and connections to the headboard that I had attempted to move out of my room before. This time I'm okay with it, is it because I've got a different size bed “king size”, is it because I'm building a custom headboard for it, is it because more time has passed, I don't know .  Is it because of Carla?

• Members

Crossing the Bridge, Moving into a Relationship IV

Carla has now moved a few of her overnight things into my bathroom. I see the logic in the reason for doing so (convenience) but at the same time I have my hesitation, Is this the first step of having someone move in ? I see Carla just about every night anyways whether she stays or not. I guess I should let this go for a while and see where it goes. I am very comfortable with Carla I've got no problems with her just don't know if I can ever have the same type of commitment that I had with my wife a “Forever”. Is it possible to develop those deep feelings again “ Love”. 4Hdad Seems to have been able to . I truly envy him . Most likely I'm just scared to develop those emotional ties again.

• Members

My mother-in-law

My mother-in-law flies in this Friday it’s been over a year since I've seen her. I last saw her just a week after my wife had passed. I want to see her but I think it's going to be a difficult time .  I have told her about Carla she's going to get to meet Carla, she tells me she wants the best for me and that I would find someone but none the less this is going to be intense. I hope it's not too difficult for my mother-in-law to see me with Carla . To see Carla in our home. I kind of got all the same fears that I had with my children meeting Carla that I do with my mother-in-law meeting her.  It turned out okay with my kids so hopefully it'll turn out okay with my mother-in-law .

• Moderators

I sincerely hope all goes well and your MIL will be able to compartmentalize somewhat so it's easier for her to accept.  Sometimes hearing and seeing is two different things.  Knowing about something and seeing it in person can be different to experience.  Wishing you the best...try not to stress over it, it is hers to deal with, I don't mean that callously, but you have enough of your own stuff to deal with without taking on hers.  

• Members
2 hours ago, Autocharge said:

This time I'm okay with it, is it because I've got a different size bed “king size”, is it because I'm building a custom headboard for it, is it because more time has passed, I don't know .  Is it because of Carla?

I can understand your conflicting feelings and the questioning of them.  I feel the easiest way is just not to think about it too much. Your inner self obviously made the decision for you. Go with the flow of it and put that conflict behind you. Maybe, with the old headboard, you could redesign it for something in honor of your wife. She is always going to be a part of you, a significant part of you own history. Carla is an empathetic, kind, understanding person. She'll understand.

just don't know if I can ever have the same type of commitment that I had with my wife a “Forever”. Is it possible to develop those deep feelings again “ Love”. 4Hdad Seems to have been able to . I truly envy him . Most likely I'm just scared to develop those emotional ties again.

Do not worry about comparing your relationship, your feelings, to someone else's situation. This is new territory for you and it can be scary with all the unknowns. 4Had admitted that his marriage to his wife wasn't all it could have been. ( Sorry, 4Hdad). Your situation is different and it is normal to want to tread carefully and watch out for your heart. It is still bruised and needs TLC.

I kind of got all the same fears that I had with my children meeting Carla that I do with my mother-in-law meeting her.  It turned out okay with my kids so hopefully it'll turn out okay with my mother-in-law .

I feel it will be ok. Stay positive! Your mother-in-law loves you. She will want to see you happy, content. She wouldn't wish for you to stay alone the rest of your life. Your fondness for Carla will shine through and your mother-in-law will appreciate that for you. Her daughter saw you as being worthy of loving, sharing life with.  Why wouldn't anyone else, especially her own mother?

Warm thoughts going your way that all will go well!

• Members

KMB, no worries, it's all true. My marriage was less than ideal, which seems to make my experience somewhat different than many. 

AC, I believe that as long as you have your eyes open and you're respectful of the feelings of those in your circle, as you seem to be, than you have little to fear. I'm happy for you! 

• Members

Autocharge,

Thank you for this. Its actually taking my mind off my sorrow.  Its making me laugh here and there too.  It's like I'm reading a very interesting book. Very interesting. 

• Members
10 hours ago, chasnrosa said:

Autocharge,

Thank you for this. Its actually taking my mind off my sorrow.  Its making me laugh here and there too.  It's like I'm reading a very interesting book. Very interesting. 

Chasnrosa, Thank you for the comment.

• Members
13 hours ago, 4Hdad said:

KMB, no worries, it's all true. My marriage was less than ideal, which seems to make my experience somewhat different than many. 

AC, I believe that as long as you have your eyes open and you're respectful of the feelings of those in your circle, as you seem to be, than you have little to fear. I'm happy for you! 

4Hdad, nice to hear from you.

• Members
On 8/16/2017 at 9:30 AM, Autocharge said:

I've got a different size bed “king size”, is it because I'm building a custom headboard for it

Ok I finished the Headboard but still have the rest of the bed frame to do. Here is what I've done so far

Autocharge

20170821_192559.jpg

20170821_203807.jpg

Message_1503493089630.jpg

• Members

My mother-in-law II

Ok its been 5 days and Carla and my MIL have spent some time together everyday, because I’m the center of gravity.  We've had at least dinner every night and they have had some time alone while I was busy out in the shop ( headboard project). My MIL has told me that “ Carla is nice and has been through alot”. Almost every evening during our conversations we talk about the past at some point. I hesitate and hold my breath a little, wondering if it is uncomfortable for Carla but comforting for my MIL. Talking about the past brings up emotions and feelings that I don't want to display in front of Carla. On the surface Carla doesn't appear to be effected ( looking only at body language). Should I apologize to Carla for the type of conversation that we are having in front of her. Or is it me being over sensitive to everyone else's feelings or needs and not my own. I want to be on both sides of the equation at the same time. We all know any variable can only be on one side of the equation at a time. Again I’m being pulled between two worlds. There's a lot of grieving between my MIL and I that we haven’t had the time for or face to face to talk about. So much history it hurts at times to think about it all. How do we carry the old life into the new world?

Autocharge(moving forward”new normal”)

• Members
1 hour ago, Autocharge said:

My mother-in-law II

Ok its been 5 days and Carla and my MIL have spent some time together everyday, because I’m the center of gravity.  We've had at least dinner every night and they have had some time alone while I was busy out in the shop ( headboard project). My MIL has told me that “ Carla is nice and has been through alot”. Almost every evening during our conversations we talk about the past at some point. I hesitate and hold my breath a little, wondering if it is uncomfortable for Carla but comforting for my MIL. Talking about the past brings up emotions and feelings that I don't want to display in front of Carla. On the surface Carla doesn't appear to be effected ( looking only at body language). Should I apologize to Carla for the type of conversation that we are having in front of her. Or is it me being over sensitive to everyone else's feelings or needs and not my own. I want to be on both sides of the equation at the same time. We all know any variable can only be on one side of the equation at a time. Again I’m being pulled between two worlds. There's a lot of grieving between my MIL and I that we haven’t had the time for or face to face to talk about. So much history it hurts at times to think about it all. How do we carry the old life into the new world?

Autocharge(moving forward”new normal”)

It's a slippery slope indeed. Have you been able to speak with your MIL about how Carla isn't replacing your wife and that nobody could? Just be upfront with your MIL about how difficult this is for you. She might not have any idea of how hard this is for you. Remember, people don't know what they don't know. As for Carla, don't be afraid to show her your emotions as they pertain to the conflict you are feeling in your heart and in your head. And don't be afraid to just ask Carla if it makes her uncomfortable. It will help to set boundaries and also show her that you are truly concerned about her during this process as well. I wish you luck as you move forward in this phase of your life.

• Members

Autocharge,  I agree with Sean. Slow and steady wins out. It is good to know you are thinking of your situation from all angles. You have a kind and generous heart. Your wife would be proud of you and your family is also.

Beautiful headboard by the way!

• Members
9 hours ago, Eagle-96 said:

Carla if it makes her uncomfortable.

I had the chance to talk to Carla to see if it was making her uncomfortable, the conversations that my mother-in-law was bringing up. Carla says she's “not uncomfortable and she has a thick skin and if something was to make her uncomfortable she would let me know “. Carla was very happy when I showed concern about her. When my mother-in-law and I talk we feel the common pain in our grief . When I talk with Carla I feel joy . Carla also said that “I worry too much about the little things .” She's right but then again I'm an introvert, that's what I do , constantly thinking.

Autocharge

• Moderators

Autocharge, 

I was about to suggest you broach the subject with her just to see how it's making her feel, when I read you did just that.  I'm glad your communication goes so well and she feels comfortable in her own skin and will bring it to you if ever she isn't comfortable with the conversation.

Love your headboard!  Beautiful!

• Members

Houston

I just returned from Houston went down there to help people out of the flooding. I was down there for 3 days had to come back because of truck problems.   Part of the solution not part of the problem no good if I break down . Below are some of the pictures that I took .

Message_1503959976635.jpg

20170828_184534_HDR.jpg

20170829_094029.jpg

20170829_143708.jpg

20170830_082727.jpg

20170830_082950.jpg

20170829_124057.jpg

20170830_083234.jpg

20170830_150900.jpg

Message_1504123828721.jpg

20170830_155510.jpg

20170830_160033.jpg

20170830_162117.jpg

20170830_162123.jpg

20170830_162134.jpg

• Members

So unbelievable and tragic. You are to be commended for your efforts in helping those in such need. God Bless you.

• Moderators

I'm sure it's an experience you'll never forget, thank you for your efforts.  We all know someone in TX, it's very hard.

• Members

AC, Thank you for your efforts in helping with this tragic event. The world needs people like you!! Take care of yourself.

• Members

Houston II

I went down to Houston on Friday thinking my truck was fixed. On the way down the generator stopped working due to the water on the previous trip. I spent the first part of Saturday at O'reilly removing the generator and trying to fix it. At the same time I was charging the batteries (4 of them) . the Truck has a 24 volt system not the standard 12 volt that were all used to. I had some locals trying to help me but to no avail we were not able to fix the generator .  in the parking lot of a Riley's this lady approached the  truck and asked if I was a part of the National Guard.  I said no ,she said that a truck like mine had rescued her family and she wanted to thank me and she actually started to Bow and get down and kiss my feet that's when I stopped her and just gave her a hug and told her it's ok.  It's amazing how appreciative the people of Houston  are for the help that they have  received . I was forced to start heading back home, on the road back the truck broke down again this time it was a wiring problem. It had shorted out a wire. I jumperd around the wire, the truck started up and I made it back on what battery power I had left . During this trip I was not alone Carla wanted to go with me and she did. She sat in the truck in the heat for hours while I was trying to fix it, not once did she complain. She understood what we were trying to do and was supportive throughout the trip. As I left Houston I was disappointed I felt there was more that I could do down there I wanted to but with the truck problems it just wasn't meant to be .

Autocharge

Ps This link is to a news story. About the firefighters that road in the back of my truck to get to the scene. It is the assignment where my truck took on water.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/story/firefighters-get-creative-to-put-out-a-house-fire/vi-AAr5VSz?refvid=AAr5VSz

• Moderators

While the rest of us are just donating, you actually DID something, you should be proud for that.
I watched the video but was confused about what they were doing, not sure it was showing what you watched.  There was something red on the back of a truck, was it a boat that the firefighters were hanging onto?

I hope you don't have any more problems fixing your truck.  Water can do a lot of damage.  My son bought an Xterra from a flood in WA once, had to take everything apart, clean and dry it out (it took on a lot of mud & water), put everything back together, he drove it for a year before selling it.  Took him about a month to work on it, but he used it for a down payment on a mobile home, which he gutted and remodeled, then sold and used as a down payment on his house.  Shows what some hard work will do!

• Members
3 hours ago, KayC said:

There was something red on the back of a truck, was it a boat that the firefighters were hanging onto?

It was a boat the firefighters were pointing the motor towards the fire . I gave the team a ride down in there so they could open the gates ,so that the boats could get in

Autocharge

• Members

Hi everyone it's been two weeks since I last posted, almost two weeks. I've been busy with my truck doing repairs trying to fix the alternator prepping trying to go down to Florida to help out. However parts have failed to come in. The truck is still broke and it doesn't look like I'm going to make it down to Florida to help people.  Just about all of my family Including Carla think that it is a little risky. I agree it is at times but what else Am I going to do with my time. I find my new hobby of disaster chasing rather exciting and helpful at the same time. I've got the means and the capabilities to do it so why not. I'm pretty sure if my wife knew what I was doing she would do her best to stop me and I would probably listen to her .

Autocharge (moving forward "new normal")

20170909_104907.jpg

20170909_104929.jpg

20170907_164832.jpg

• Moderators

If it's meant to be the parts will come in so you can fix your truck, otherwise your hands are tied.  There will be help needed for a long time I'm sure.

• Members

Houston III

“After action report”

Natural staging area

The last big fuel station going into the disaster area. In this instance I-45 Buc-ee's Fueling station. This is where we ran into people coming out of and going into Houston people would transfer cases of water to my truck because I was going in and wish us luck . On my way out I transferred all the water I had to another group going in, cooperation at its best .

Stopping point

I-45 was closed and forced me to exit.

upon exiting I contacted local officer on patrol he gave me directions to official staging area where I encountered engine 77.

Engine 77 gave me my first assignment and address he showed me on his  cell phone using Google Maps then sent me a text message with the link. I used Google Maps to guide me to my first address. The cell service was obviously still up and running after my first drop off I picked up a local volunteer used him as a navigator for the immediate neighborhood. We combed the residential neighborhood looking for people.

First night

I slept in the back of my truck. The first night it was not good, the helicopter flew over once an hour picking people up, rain was continuous.

Second day

I woke up early  and had to leave the area, had to drive north of Houston about 30 minutes before I could find anything open. I needed supplies I was not prepared. after getting supplies I was contacted by a local Houston resident that wanted to go in and help. I used him as a navigator and together we managed to get back down into Houston. We had troubles because all of the roads and highways had flooded behind me on my way out. In Houston we started following the police Hummer all the way to the police station. There we signed up with North Houston police station and started taking orders.

Midday

Checked in with East Side Fire Marshal Where we sat until we got assignments from them. We got an assignment about 7:30 p.m. to go to an apartment building and ask people if they wanted to evacuate. Water was almost chest-high at this point and no one wanted to evacuate so we secured for the night. We stayed in the conference room at the Sheraton it was set up for volunteers. They gave us a room to shower and clean up in.

Third day

Eastside staging area was our first assignments same apartment building that we had been in the night before. We were to make our way through it to the water, in the process of doing so we found our first dead body. Our following assignments were in residential areas with high water rescue necessary. the address turned out to be false, no such address. we got three more assignments. Three more addresses, high water rescue, turned out the roads were dry by now and no persons at the addresses. Locals said the people had been rescued 2 days ago.

Noon

Had lunch no further assignments on the east side Fire Chief requested that we be transferred to the West Side I agreed and got in contact with the West Side Fire Chief via texting, Then proceeded to the staging area.

Westside assignments

We were to provide transport for police and fire personnel to a possible fire in an apartment building, in responding to this call we experience high water drove in three quarters of a mile to get to the gates of the apartment. The water was too high to continue, unloaded personnel and backed out of the high water and waited for personnel to return. After waiting approximately 20-25 minutes the truck had taken on water in the snorkel and the engine had stopped. Now I needed to be rescued, for about 30 minutes until I figured out how to bypass the intake on the diesel motor. After removing the boot on the intake the engine started and I was able to self recover. Drove out to dry land (safety). Waited on and returned Personnel to Westside staging area and checked out  with Westside fire chief. Reason, truck not high water capable anymore ineffective.

Return home to repair the truck, after repairs return to Houston during the drive down the alternator broke. Truck is now broken again.

Saturday morning unable to fix the truck, forced to return home.

Started repairs again and prep for Florida.

Observations

People frustrated with 911 use social media to call for help. Results double or triple tickets. People rescued and not reported waste of rescue resources , but safe.

Solo

Solo volunteers are at risk of being victims themselves.

Groups of volunteers

Groups of volunteers are eager and capable but no direction or leader.

I know just enough to check in with local authorities and protocols to be the point of contact for the groups of people that followed the Big Green Truck. They followed the truck not me I carried the officers in charge of the department on two separate occasions. I was involved in two groups Group 1 Consisted of 10 watercrafts and Northside police.

Group 2 day two.

Day two the second group was 6 watercraft and five Laredo police officers armed. All volunteers, this group was ineffective prior to our first assignment parts of the group containing boats chose to go to Beaumont therefore left our group. Our first assignment was an apartment on dry land the boats did not want to follow and waste gas so the group was split again. second assignment was high water where the boats had responded to but two jet skis had deployed the pontoon boat did not deploy the jet skis were ineffective one sucked up trash and broke down the other one overheated. I ended up driving through high water to an address that did not exist the second group of volunteers at best was ineffective, quite possibly even needing rescue themselves. By lunch this group had completely broken down it was just me and my navigator and the truck now. We reported to Westside as requested by the Eastside Fire Marshal.

on paper

Group 1

1 high water vehicle with transport ability and Recovery capability

10 watercraft

20  local police.

Group 2

1 high water vehicle with transport ability and Recovery capabilities

6 watercraft

5 armed security personnel

Autocharge

• Moderators

I hope you don't have more truck problems because of having to go through high water.  It sounds like quite an experience!  Thank you for your efforts!

• Members

Autocharge,  I wish you well on truck repairs. I cannot imagine driving through high water. I always heard that water can crack the engine block. Maybe the big trucks are specially adapted?

Thank you for your volunteering efforts and stay safe!!

• Members
On 9/14/2017 at 3:04 PM, KMB said:

Autocharge,  I wish you well on truck repairs. I cannot imagine driving through high water. I always heard that water can crack the engine block. Maybe the big trucks are specially adapted?

Thank you for your volunteering efforts and stay safe!!

You are correct . That is why I returned home to have it checked. Their was no water found in the engine oil, so It's good to go in that respect.

I just finished installing the new generator today. The truck is operational again. Now Im watching the new storms out in the atlantic.

Tonight I'm speaking to my Ham Radio club about my actions in Houston.

Autocharge

20170915_145354.jpg