Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Please don't let us forget

lp91679

• Members

I have this fear since my husband Tyrone was suddenly taken from us...I fear that as time goes on..I'll forget all the good times we had together and how he made me feel...things he did..things he said. What if I forget? All I have is my memories to keep him alive....and I'm even more scared that my children will forget things about their Dad. How much he loved them,all the things he did for them,all the good times. The idea of my children forgetting is unbearable..and it makes me feel bad for my husband too...he was a great Dad..and doesn't deserve to be forgotten at all. I'm so heartbroken.  :'(

• Members

lp91679--- You will never forget Tyrone. It will be impossible. You will keep him there in your heart and memories forever. You will keep him front and center for your children. Hang up pics everywhere. Make collages and scrapbooks. Your children can help and be a part of the activity. No one will ever forget. Talk about daddy with your children when you are going somewhere and doing something. Keep him a part of your life.

• Members
Solomon'sGirl

I had a conversation about this very thing just a few minutes ago with someone. I've worried so much that I'll forget things. I bought a journal to write things down. It's hard to do. It brings up lots of memories, and I cry a lot while writing. But it helps me with my fear of forgetting. 

• Members
Sadaf Nazim

I have this fear too. I think as I'm in my early 20s, what will happen 10 years or 20 years from now. 

• Members

Ip91679, I dont think theres any need to worry about this, we maybe worry because its so raw at the moment, love like we felt can never be forgot and the things that they said and did also cant be forgot, they will be locked in our hearts forever, keep talking to your kids about their dad and they wont forget, they might deal with it different to you because its a different kind of love, but they will never forget x 

• Members

lp91679

Like the other post, you'll never forget. You might forget some of the things he said and did, but you will never forget how he made you feel.  Somewhere down the line, you might not think about him every single day, or even forget to  mention his name when you pray; and you might just survive making it through the day, but never will you forget why you loved in in the first place. It's hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember.   I don't think you can ever forget someone that once was the reason we smiled.

As for the children (no matter their ages) your job is to never let them forget their dad. Let them know their dad gave them the greatest gift anyone could give  his love and his belief in them.  How richer, better and fuller their lives are because of him.

My prayer is that God give you and the children his Love, peace and strength during this difficult time in your lives.  He will, you need only ask.  Stay Strong

• Moderators

You won't forget.  It's been almost 12 years for me and I haven't forgotten anything to do with him.  I remember the way he smells, how it felt when he held me, the good times we had, everything, like it was yesterday.

• Members
Sadaf Nazim
1 hour ago, KayC said:

You won't forget.  It's been almost 12 years for me and I haven't forgotten anything to do with him.  I remember the way he smells, how it felt when he held me, the good times we had, everything, like it was yesterday.

People like you make me believe real love still exists. 

Thank you kay.

• Members

Sadaf--- All of us here have experienced real love and we will never forget. You will not either. Our loved one and all the memories are a chapter of our lives that we will carry with us forever. I walked out into the entry way earlier and had a memory of my husband sitting on the bottom stair getting his boots on for work. He would spend a few minutes playing with the cat before he left the house. It is a touching memory because our cat was his buddy.

• Members

Thank you all so much..I appreciate all of your kind words...you all are helping me through this more than you know. 

• Members
Sadaf Nazim
11 hours ago, KMB said:

Sadaf--- All of us here have experienced real love and we will never forget. You will not either. Our loved one and all the memories are a chapter of our lives that we will carry with us forever. I walked out into the entry way earlier and had a memory of my husband sitting on the bottom stair getting his boots on for work. He would spend a few minutes playing with the cat before he left the house. It is a touching memory because our cat was his buddy.

Yes all of us here has experienced true love. But the people who have lived for years like this, they are really an inspiration. 

Since I'm new to this, I have this fear of forgetting him. I know I never will. But the fact that he has become a memory for me is frightening. That is why I try to keep his memories, his things in everything that I do. I wear an anklet he gave me, his chain around my neck, sometimes I wear his shirts, I have added his name in my last name. 

I want him to be present in my everyday life. 

• Moderators

It's common for people to fear forgetting them.  But you can lay your worries to rest, as KMB has shared, we don't forget.

Archived