Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Feeling empty and Lonely

lp91679

• Members

Since I've lost my husband Tyrone I feel this emptiness...This huge void in my life....It was my husband,me, and our three children. Now it's just my children and me...it feels so wrong...Tyrone should be here...our family isn't complete without him..and I am so lonely...I don't really have a support system...I feel like I'm on my own...trying to be strong...my children need me...It's just so hard. I'm so empty..so lonely...So sad. Is this really life? :-(

• Guests

Life is cold and unforgiving. I know that there is good in this world, but nothing compares to the pain of death. I'm starting to think souls might exist, because I feel like an actual part of me is completely gone. Almost as if it was never there. Maybe it left with her.
I'm sorry that it's just you and your children now. The pain must be unbearable.
It is indeed hard being alone. Loneliness has broken my soul.
If I could give you hope I would. I am taking it slow.

• Members

lp91679---I am so sorry.  Sadness, loneliness, empty void, many more emotions. Grieving is not easy. This is the biggest trial of our lives. It can either make us stronger or weaken us. You are being strong. You have Tyrone's children to raise. He is in each of those little ones and he is in your heart.

I'm sorry you don't have a support system. No family or friends to stand by you? Have you thought about family grief counseling for you and the children?

Keep posting to this forum when you feel the need. We'll be here for you. (HUGS)

• Moderators

No parents, brothers or sisters?  I'm sorry.  I belong to a church, that helps a lot as my parents are dead, children and siblings aren't nearby, at least it provides extended family.  It helps to have a sense of community.  Even joining other parents of kids in sports, etc. can help that.  As KMB said, we're here whenever you want to talk.

• Members

lp91679

I am so sorry for you and feel your pain.  I lost the love of my life on December 6, 2016 and like you, was lost, didn't know what to do, didn't believe it was real, in a daze.  It is apparent that you truly loved your Tyrone.  Like you, my family feels incomplete;  I  thought my husband and I would spend the rest of our lives together - he got his wish - He spent the rest of his life with me loving me until the end.  Damn, I was so proud to be his wife and so grateful to have been allowed to share my love with this man for nearly 45 years. 

It is apparent the love you had for Tyrone and still do; know that the love stays inside of you always, it never goes away.  It's hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember.   Pain hurts the most when the story is not finished.  It's crazy to think that someone who made up a huge part of your life can be gone in a second.   Try to remember, it is not the years in ones life that count; it's the life in ones years.  I get it; it hurts like hell; actually it is a living hell you are going through.  

What hurts you today, makes you stronger tomorrow.  Whenever you feel like letting go and you just can't take it anymore, remember that God didn't bring you this far to leave you alone.  HE knows your name and knows your every thought; HE sees each tear that falls and HE hears you when you call. 

You are stronger than you realize simply because you must be - not just for yourself - but for the children who need you more than ever.  I'm sorry you don't have that support system - it really helps in these difficult times.  If there are no family and/or friends you feel comfortable speaking with, might I suggest grief counseling groups or one-on-one grief counseling, both of which I am a part of - and both very helpful.  Whatever you decide, know that we on this forum are always here for you; whenever you need to visit.  I pray that God will bless you with the riches of HIS grace; with the treasures of HIS love; with the comfort of HIS mercy; with the strength of HIS presence and with the touch of HIS care.

Keep Strong!

• Members

Thank you all for being here for me on this forum...it helps me to talk to other ppl that can relate to what I feel and I can relate to what they feel also. This is my outlet. 

• Members

It is only us who have lost significant others that truly understand the depth of the pain. This site has become my life line. I hope it becomes your also. (HUGS)

• Moderators

KMB, amen to that!  I honestly don't know how I could have survived if not for the grief forum.

• Members

Hello,

Four months since my nightmare started and changed my lifestyle forever.

My soulmate, wife, confident passed away on 29 November 2016 .

I will meet you soon my love, my red haired lady, cannot cope daily without you 

Not eating and have lost 20kg in weight, hoping I would fade away by not doing so.

To be with you and only we both will know upon seeing each other, no else will.

Come the day, hurt is undescribable.

Ravinder 

• Members

Ravinder

I'm so sorry for you and feel your pain - your thread has touch my soul.  I know the pain is excruciating, but someday it will lesson.  I remember your post about your beautiful wife, Balbir - and I remember what a lovely name for a lovely woman.  You will meet her again, but until then, she would want you to continue.  Memories we hold on to in pain, guilt, hurt or anger can cloud our spirit mind.  The truth is, whether we want to accept it or not, everything that has happened, had to happen.  It was a growth experience; there was something you needed to know or learn.  If you stay angry or hurt or guilty, you miss the lesson - I don't want you to be stuck in a cloud of pain and neither does Balbir.   

Open your eyes and see all that she left you; be full of the love you shared with her; be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday; cherish her memory and let it live on; do what She would have wanted you to do.  Just from your post, she seemed like a person who would have wanted you to live the rest of our life; engage in it; give it all you got;  - enjoy every moment; dance as if no one is watching; love like you've never been hurt; sing as if no one is listening; live as if heaven is on earth.  She wouldn't have wanted you to fade away and just not cope - grant her that. 

The two of you will meet again, only this time, it will be forever in eternity.  That, my friend, is going to be amazing.   I'm sending prayers your way.  God Bless and keep you, keep us all safe.

Archived