Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Chris

LittleWoman

• Members
LittleWoman

Hi I just lost Chris last year 12/10/2016. He had 2 major strokes, he couldn't survive. Now I am left alone without him.

• Members
On 3/24/2017 at 1:07 PM, LittleWoman said:

Hi I just lost Chris last year 12/10/2016. He had 2 major strokes, he couldn't survive. Now I am left alone without him.

I'm so sorry for your your loss.  I lost my Charles, on December 6, 2016, and I still can't believe that he's gone and not coming back.   You will have many emotions, such as anger, guilt, shock, and loneliness.  As strange as these emotions may seem, they are quite normal and healthy.   I know the pain is unbearable so I urge you to  try to find a support system of caring friends and relatives who will provide the understanding you need.  Maybe there is a support group in your area that you might want to attend. There is no substitute from other persons who have experienced what you are now going through. Your feelings may leave your fatigue; respect what your body and mind are telling you.  Get daily rest and try to eat a balanced meals whenever you can.  

Memories are the one of the best legacies that exist after someone dies.  Treasure those that comfort you but also explore those that may trouble you.   You can find healing even in the difficult ones.  They, no doubt, will make you laugh and cry; in either case, they are a lasting part of the love you shared with your husband.  If faith is a part of your life, express it in ways that seem appropriate to you.  Be around people who understand and support your religious beliefs.  You may be broken, but you're not broke.  You have God-given strength - the kind that gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, only this time, Stronger than ever.

Know that you are not alone, we are here to support, encourage and listen to you whenever you feel the need to post.   

I pray that God will give you strength for every battle, wisdom for every decision, and peace that surpasses all understanding.

• Members

LittleWoman----I am so sorry for the loss of your Chris. He was your everything. I know the pain and loneliness. I lost my husband to sudden cardiac arrest 7 months ago and I am still lonely, afraid, empty. It takes a lot of work to get ourselves to continue on this journey into a new normal.

Francine expressed beautiful words in her post to you. This forum has many wonderful, caring people who understand. Please post when you need to. You are not alone here.

• Moderators

LittleWoman,

I am so sorry.  You have found a good place to share, it helps to know there's others going through it and understand.  We'll be here if you want, keep coming here.

Archived