Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Book and movie suggestions

Bobbers

• Members

I need some suggestions of books that might help me understand grief or death or anything to comfort me in the situation of my only husband and love of 17 years. Movies that are on Netflix Hulu or amazon prime that I might relate to understand even ones that aren't on those subscription services. Just trying to connect with something. I am here because of my son but it's really hard for everything to not feel hopeless and pointless. This website has helped me a lot, so I'm open to websites also. Thank you

• Moderators

Have you checked this out?

The list I posted on there were ones that people from another grief site had recommended.  You can get reviews on Amazon.

• Members

Bobbers---Keep checking in and posting. We can all relate here. We are here for you. If you have a local library, you should find books there that are on the list that KayC posted for you. (HUGS)

• Members
11 hours ago, KayC said:

Have you checked this out?

The list I posted on there were ones that people from another grief site had recommended.  You can get reviews on Amazon.

No I havent thank you.

• Members
10 hours ago, KMB said:

Bobbers---Keep checking in and posting. We can all relate here. We are here for you. If you have a local library, you should find books there that are on the list that KayC posted for you. (HUGS)

Thank you I appreciate that. I feel like I'm just rambling nonsense most of the time and it really helps to feel not alone, because everyone else is moving on with their lives and I'm stuck in this for how long

• Members

Bobbers---Do not ever feel you are rambling nonsense. The emotions of grieving are complex and our minds are not functioning as it used to. We've been hit with a traumatic experience and it takes a long time to get to a more stable state of being.

Archived