Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I keep wanting to go to my dads house

H82017

• Members

My dad died over 2 months ago, and I always feel like I want to get a bus up to his house, it's only about 10 minutes away. I don't know if I'm going crazy because I couldn't explain to you why, or what I will get out of it. Some days I feel like I'm In acceptance, sometimes I try to ignore that it's happened or try not to think of it so in depth. I just don't know why I want to do this, maybe him not being there will give me closure? Really, does anyone else experience urges like this, because I think I'm a bit insane...

• Members

I'm so sorry to read of your devastating loss.  You must be in a lot of pain.

I think the same as you do all the time.  I am staying with family 25 miles from our home that i shared with my Husband, but he passed away.  I keep thinking he is still at home, when I go and check up on things there I even get a butterflies feeling when I start off on my journey - that is a weird feeling.  When I get there and open the door reality certainly shows itself and it's soul destroying.  Maybe for you it's the same - your sub conscious mind still thinks he is there, maybe it's still a force of habit, I know it's a strange feeling but it's definitely not one of insanity.  Take care.

Archived