Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my wife and only child

JebyJed

• Members

Six weeks ago I lost my wife and only child in a car accident.  We were a very close family. Finding it very rough to find any reason to move forward.  How do I find relief from this incredible suffocating pain?

• Members

Dear JebyJed,

Our deepest condolences and sympathies. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know the pain and sorrow is unbearable.  I think it takes our minds and bodies a very long time to process the pain.

Please know you are not alone. We are here to listen and support you anyway we can. There are many resources available. Please consider talking with a grief counselor, joining a support group, accessing resources through the community, work or church.

I have found the following websites helpful, What's Your Grief, The Grief Healing Blog, GriefShare.Org, The Grief Recovery Method and Tiny Buddha.

We are all thinking of you. Sending you all my thoughts and prayers.

• Members
On 3/19/2017 at 10:16 AM, JebyJed said:

Six weeks ago I lost my wife and only child in a car accident.  We were a very close family. Finding it very rough to find any reason to move forward.  How do I find relief from this incredible suffocating pain?

I cannot imagine what life is like for you right now. We are here to listen, However, given you are very, very alone,

If I were you, I definitely would see a therapist in person. Not to help you move on. No one should ask you to move on. But to have someone else with you while you process emotions. If you dont' want to see anyone and keep to yourself,  you can get yourself out the door by saying "I don't want to see anyone, and I'll tell the therapist I don't want to see them". 

I'm all for spending time alone, but the two people who you have most likely spent the most time with are gone, so trust me when I say it will be very easy to drop into a dark place where rational thought doesn't exist. That being said, I know you are strong at heart because you posted here. 

Much love,

Jake. 

Archived