Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Smanor1987

• Members

I lost my first son due to a miscarriage followed by active labor and an emergency DnC in 2010. I lost my second son after active labor and a very traumatic miscarriage in 2013. In 2015 after 72 hrs of active labor and 30 hours after my water broke my son Uriyah was born at 23 weeks. It took the Drs 8 hours to stabilize him. So tiny but so perfect. He steadily made progress for 6 days in the NICU until his body couldn't handle anymore. Our sweet baby boy died in mommys arms just 5 hour shy of being a week old. It was the hardest thing I have ever been thru. 

Here we are a year and a half later and my roommate is pregnant. No one understands why I'm uncomfortable being around her 7month pregnant belly. No one understands why I'm not ok with having an infant in the house.

I'm being told I'm being selfish; it's been long enough; I'm giving up before I even try; if I'm uncomfortable I can leave. What do I do? I'm with the man I want to marry and he's not understanding at all why I am not okay.

image.png

• Members
Tommy's mum

smanor1987. I am so sorry for your losses. The most active thread on this forum is Loss of an adult child so please join us there. There are some other parents who have experienced stillbirth, miscarriage or infant deaths it is not just for parents of an adult child. We try to redirect grieving parents there because it keeps us all in one place and is the most active. if you prefer you can still post on your thread and some of us can meet up with you there. Ok?

Archived