Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Loss of a father

Sully1986

• Members

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on the subject of not grieving probably for the loss of a parent.  I was 6 years old when I lost my father,  n I didn't understand at the time what happened.  

• Members

Dear Sully,

You were so young so its understandable you didn't fully realize what had happened. Grieving or not grieving is different for everyone. How are you feeling now? Do you want to do something to honor your dad? Learn more about your dad? Sometimes grief can be delayed as well. There are a lot of resources at the website What's Your Grief. I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

• Members

I went through something similar. I lost my mother when I was six and never grieved properly for it due to various reasons. I lost my father a few weeks ago and it has dug up a lot of grief that I hadn't dealt with in the past 23 years.

Archived