Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Go on

Courtney p

• Members

Someone please tell me how I'm supposed to continue without him. He's been gone for 2 months and 6 days. People say everyday will get better but in actuality it has only gotten worse. No one I know has gone through what I'm going through. 

• Members

Hello Courtney -

9 weeks is such a short time, Im so sorry for your devastating loss.  I'm finding I feel worse as time has been progressing.  Maybe the protective shock bubble is wearing off and you are starting to feel the full force of your trauma.  I'm sorry I can't be more positive but I send you heartfelt warmest wishes and empathy.

• Members

It's half a year and I'm still in denial. Every now and then it sinks in and I notice all the pain that's constantly inside me.
Noone can tell you how long it takes to find a way to live again. But people here know what you're feeling. You can pour your heart out and be sure that you will be understood.
That doesn't take away the pain, but you're not alone in this.

• Members
1 hour ago, Courtney p said:

Someone please tell me how I'm supposed to continue without him. He's been gone for 2 months and 6 days. People say everyday will get better but in actuality it has only gotten worse. No one I know has gone through what I'm going through. 

I'm so sorry for your loss and the pain you're experiencing.  Don't you just hate the 'it will get better' or 'I know what you're going though' words.   I know I did, didn't want to hear any of (at the time i thought of it as crap) those words. I often wanted to say, 'No you don't know how I feel'.   I only knew my pain and heartbreak. I only wanted my husband back; only wanted things to go back as they were; wanted to be happy again, wanted my life back.  I didn't want to face or continue in this world without him; how could I?  We were married for almost 45 years. 

My faith really kept me from losing it all.  My faith and prayer.  You are strong, stronger than you'll ever know.  I know it's hard to accept; it's literally a living hell, with the flames and heat; burning your insides and heart out. Believe the flames will simmer, they won't completely go out, but they will be tolerable. God doesn't give us what we can handle, HE helps us handle what we are given.   You have God-given strength and HE will not lead you anywhere that you should not be.  With HIS strength you will remain firm and can weather any storm.  At your lowest, God is your hope; at your darkest, God is your light; at your weakest, God is your strength and at your saddest, God is your comforter.

Life is strange and sometimes you will have to fight through some bad days to get to the best days.  When the bad days are over you won't remember how you made it through or how you managed to survived. You won't ever be sure if the bad days are really over.  But one thing is certain.  When you come out of those bad days, you won't be the same person you were when you started.  

Stay Strong, my prayer is that God bring you, bring us all through this difficult time in our lives.

• Moderators

I'm sorry people are telling you that, it takes much much time to adjust to their being gone.  At nearly 12 years out I still miss him every day and it's still hard at times, but I've gotten used to being alone, still don't like it though.  

I'm glad you're able to express yourself, it seemed to help me to let it out, gives validation to how we feel, which is so important because we can feel powerless after having them ripped from us without our say so.

• Members

Courtney p----- We have so many questions and no concrete answers. We, who understand pain so well here, can listen and share. We can do our best to give comfort and encouragement. We are all doing the best we can. Minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day. It is never going to get *better*. But, somehow, over time and our efforts, it might get easier. We will always miss our loved ones. We will always feel heartache. I think we will just adjust to carrying them with us in our hearts and memories.

Courtney---This is a safe place for you to vent, cry, say whatever you need to. I am sorry for the loss of your beloved. The loss of your soulmate and planned future is horrendous.

Just breathe. Take care of yourself the best you can. We are here for you, we understand.

Archived