Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Some 1 please help

Vonbalt

• Members

I'm just wondering if there is any 1 that can talk with me who has lost a child..

• Members
TearsInHeaven

Vonbalt,So sorry for your loss. The most active thread is Loss of an Adult Child. Go to the last page to post. You will find many grieving parents who have lost children from infants to adults. This is a very supportive and compassionate group. Come share whatever you are ready for.

• Members
Tommy's mum

Vonbalt yes here are other parents here all who have lost a child. Different ages, different stories but all united because we truly understand what you are going through and will listen to you and try and help. Your plea broke my heart because i remember crying out for help too. As Dianne said Loss of an adult child thread is the most active. Reading other posts can be really helpful and you may feel a connection with someone in particular. i am sorry you lost your child ,it is a life altering and devastating thing to happen ,and is scary and painful. We are here to listen as you share, and we will try and give you the help you are looking for. You are not alone ok?

• Members

My name is Aaron.  We lost our 16 year old 2 weeks b4 Christmas this past year. Life is fucked up right now. My wife said she needs time and now we seperated. Just not sure my next step in life

• Members

Aaron, I am so sorry for your loss, Guess we are brothers now.

• Members
On 3/4/2017 at 7:07 PM, Vonbalt said:

I'm just wondering if there is any 1 that can talk with me who has lost a child..

I am so sorry for your loss. I went to something called griefshare that really helped me get through those early times. It has been 9 months for me. I can't bear the pain but somehow I am getting through it one day at a time. One of things I thought that was really helpful was learning that everything you feel is normal except for if you want to hurt yourself. Then you need immediate help. I thought I should feel better after a month, so finding out it was okay that I wasn't really helped. Now I always repeat to myself that it is okay to feel how I am feeling and just keep trying to pull myself up everyday, apparently the loss of a child takes a few years to really start feeling better. Not sure if that is even possible at this point. I am going to counselling soon and have heard that it helps, so maybe give it a try. Try to find a group in your area. It helps to talk and listen to others. Even if you don't want to talk that is okay too. I think we really need to help ourselves because nobody is going to do it for us. I have learned that grief is a journey ( not the journey I want to be on that is for sure) but you can't rush this journey, it just doesn't work. Talk about your son all the time, it helps.

• Members
Tommy's mum

allen and Vonbalt it is good that you can support each other and others from a male perspective. I like the diversity of different people and points of view, advice and opinions. We are all brothers and sisters in this sorry club that we all joined sharing our personal stories of our beloved children. We can work together to heal and kick grief's sorry ass.

Archived