Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

So sorry this is so long

Angel.in.Heaven

• Members
Angel.in.Heaven

My mom passed away last month at 65. She texted me that she was admitted for possible pneumonia, which she has had a few times. The next day she was in icu on a breathing tube and sedated. She was never un-sedated after that. She then contracted mrsa, after that suffered thru leaking kidneys, bloody stools, perforated lung, both lungs collapsed. She lived in another state with my dad (they're divorced but he took care of her.) She passed a week and a half after she was admitted.

I was a victim of child abuse and mild shaken baby by her.. i reconnected with her years ago, and by then she was addicted to about 13 different prescriptions and living on $900 a month. I would call daily to check on her. I would Sent her money every month. When she passed I didn't mourn very much, in fact I worked the day she passed. Counselor said its because of my ptsd. Then and now i have tons of regrets about she and I. Now I don't even want to be here anymore I want to be with her.

I am confused why it is hitting me like this. I attended 6 funerals in 2015-2016 and didnt get upset with those. Omg I am so confused. My eating is also suffering and I can't lose anymore weight as I was skeletal last year due to my diet. I see a counselor and therapist. My OCD is worse and so Is the ptsd. My adhd med is the only thing working right now.

• Members

Dear Angel in Heaven,

I'm so sorry to hear about what you are going through. Grief is not an easy journey. There are so many raw emotions. It takes a long time for our minds and bodies to process the trauma and shock of losing a parent. Please continue to speak with your counselor and therapist. And seek out additional supports if you need to. Maybe a support group through the community, hospital or church would be helpful. There are so many emotions and thoughts to work through during this difficult time. Try to be as kind and gentle with yourself as you can. Maybe consider having friends or a church supply meals to you till you feel a bit better. Thinking of you.

Archived